PDA

View Full Version : Just had my Ofsted Inspection

twinkle3005
15-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi All

I've just had my Ofsted inspection and was told I was graded Outstanding for three out of four catorgories and a Good but I would be awarded a Good grade overall. How is that? If the overall inspection was outstanding and the good was on safety and the inspector couldn't say how I could improve as I was doing everything brilliant and she couldn't suggest anything to improve it how was I not awarded Outstanding? I hope this makes sense. Anyone else had this and what do others think?

Jo xx

Rubybubbles
15-01-2008, 02:54 PM
well done:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Not sure on what you said lol, didn't want to read and run xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
15-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Well done that is great news:clapping:

I have heard of this before but cannot remember why they said she only got Good.

The problem is every Ofsted inspector is different another one could have given you outstanding.

You should be proud of Good.

Love

Lorraine xx

Spangles
15-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Well done on a good grading!

I don't understand why you weren't awarded outstanding on everything from what you've said.

Can you appeal?

If not, good is still a brilliant grading!

emler
15-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Congratulations :clapping:

Emler x

Minnie Minx
15-01-2008, 03:07 PM
:clapping: :clapping: well done, a good grade is fantastic, i think it does depend on your inspector, if you're not happy with your overall grading you could always phone ofsted and ask them about it, but be proud that you got a good as good really is fantastic

xxxx

ruby
15-01-2008, 03:08 PM
hi jo

if i under stand it what you are saying is that you got 3 outstanding and 1 good grade but ended up with a good overall
i can see your point as i thought you would have got an outstanding over all
unless you have to get outstanding over all 4 catagories

so sorry i can't help you but i am sure someone will be along who will be able to answer why this is
as i am with the cssiw

congratulations and well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

cathy and Rachel

bubbly
15-01-2008, 03:30 PM
What are the 4 categories the inspectors look for? I'm a novice, as you can tell :)

Spangles
15-01-2008, 03:33 PM
What makes it worse though, from what I understand, is that the category Jo got good for, which brought her grading down, the inspector wasn't able to say how she could improve it - so how come that wasn't outstanding?

Is that right?

sarah707
15-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

You have to get 5 outstandings to get an overall outstanding... but I wouldn't let that bother you in the slightest! You have done absolutely brilliantly! :D

However, if you really feel the inspector wasn't fair, she couldn't suggest how to improve your practice in any way and your feedback didn't give you any tips for the future, then complain - you have nothing to lose... but do it soon, as you have a limited time. PM me if you want any help...

Bubbly - you are inspected on the every child matters outcomes -

A healthy child, a safe child, enjoying and achieving, making a positive contribution and your organisational skills... those are the 5... for more info, see here - http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2811

Hope this helps!

chubbymummy
15-01-2008, 04:12 PM
well done to you:clapping: :clapping:

getting those outstandings is great

i can see your point about getting just 1 good and not being outstanding overall

you did excellent:clapping: :clapping:

bubbly
15-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Well done. What a great achievement. Congratulations.

Lynne xxx

LittleMissSparkles
15-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Fantastic but I agree that is she couldnt suggest ways of improving how could she not grade you outstanding !

Congratulations though Good is excellent

xxx

Raggydolls
15-01-2008, 04:47 PM
hey thats still a blooming great result, u can chill now for another 3 years, lol

leanne
xx

Blaze
15-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Fantastic but I agree that is she couldnt suggest ways of improving how could she not grade you outstanding !

Congratulations though Good is excellent

xxx

Took the words out of my mouth!
Tasha:)

Monkey1
15-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Well done!

buildingblocks
15-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Fantastic result well done

I was graded Outstanding for three out of four catorgories and a Good but I would be awarded a Good grade overall.
slightly confused you were given 3 O's and one good but surely you should have another one in there somewhere as you would have been graded on five outcomes presuming you are in England

If the overall inspection was outstanding and the good was on safety and the inspector couldn't say how I could improve as I was doing everything brilliant and she couldn't suggest anything to improve it how was I not awarded Outstanding? Jo xx

you have to gain 5 outstandings for an overall but they have to give a recommendation for it not to be an outstanding I would have thought - might be worth querying with Ofsted - also might be worth waiting to see what you report says when it comes

Trouble
15-01-2008, 06:09 PM
well done you should be proud of yourself:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 06:39 PM
That is brilliant Jo well done

Are you going to celebrate this evening ?

Angel xx

Angela234
15-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Thats Fantastic Well Done

Angela

berkschick
15-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Congratulations!

Love

Debbie

carolinel
15-01-2008, 07:51 PM
not a lot I can add to what's already been said, but to say Well done from me!

Wiggly
15-01-2008, 08:01 PM
A good grading is fantastic - well done.

Wiggly
x

twinkle3005
16-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi Again

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not going to complain or query my overall grading as the inspector was really nice and didn't give me any reason to think she was being unfair, I was just wondering how the new grading works. I'm pretty chuffed with my good. I got good on my last inspection as well so at least I'm still getting it right and most important still enjoying it. Hope you all do well in your next inspections whenever they are, Good Luck. Jo xx

bubbly
16-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Bubbly - you are inspected on the every child matters outcomes -

A healthy child, a safe child, enjoying and achieving, making a positive contribution and your organisational skills... those are the 5... for more info, see here - http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2811

Hope this helps!
Thank you for the link. I'm so much more informed after reading through. Brilliant info on there.

miffy
16-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Well done Jo - at least it's over for another 3 years

Miffy xx

Banana
16-01-2008, 07:50 PM
well done on your grade Jo

you should be really proud of yourself!

xxx