PDA

View Full Version : Baby came up in rash and red patches

tomthumb
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi
Wonder if you can help. I changed my baby's nappy and her legs and bum are covered in red patches. She also has some on her arms and a couple on her cheek. She has had chicken pox before so I know that is not what it is but just can't see what it could be. I have an appointment at 18:00 (she is not running a temperature either). I thought it could be measles or hand, foot and mouth??? Any ideas?
I just have new mindee today as well. Mum has just gone back to work, typical isn't it? I called dad obviously to let him know.
Thanks for advice

Elodie

Minstrel
01-10-2008, 12:18 PM
call NHS diect if you are worried or the website. i take it its not heat/ sweat rash or 'hives'?

Rubybubbles
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
oh no, hope the lo isn't too upset, have you managed to get things sorted yet with the parents??

Polly2
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
maybe an allergy? Best leave it to the docs :)

tomthumb
01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Parents are coming to pick lo up in 30 mns.
My baby is asleep and she was her usual self this morning so i am waiting to see what the doctor has to say. In the meantime, I will be worried!! Poor thing, she just came out of a course of antibiotics for a cold that triggered her asthma! It is just one thing after the next and she is only one!

Elodie X

Heaven Scent
01-10-2008, 12:58 PM
It could be an allergic reaction to to the antibiotics.

Rubybubbles
01-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Parents are coming to pick lo up in 30 mns.
My baby is asleep and she was her usual self this morning so i am waiting to see what the doctor has to say. In the meantime, I will be worried!! Poor thing, she just came out of a course of antibiotics for a cold that triggered her asthma! It is just one thing after the next and she is only one!

Elodie X

poor little thing:(

kindredspirits
01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
could be a form of eczema - my son gets red patches all of a sudden for no reason and they are called disc eczema - it is possible its a reaction to the anti-biotics or perhaps clothes rubbing. if theres no temp and shes happy enough then its probably nothing serious!

hope drs goes ok
anna x

tomthumb
01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
well, I took her to the doctor and he doesn't know!! :eek:
It could be an allergic reaction but not to medication as she has had it before. It could be a bite or something. Or it could be a viral infection and she could be contagious! She was given some piriton and steroids cream to put on rash. I felt really bad calling mindee's mum to tell her I can't have mindee in case it is contagious. She was really good though. First day back at work and already she is having to deal with things like that!!
My LO is all right though so let's hope it stays that way...

Elodie XX

tara
01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi just to let you know that my 16 month old is the same l took him to the doctors on tuesday.The doctor said that afder a cough or cold you can get a rash.Bens is red patches that started of on his tummy and over 24 hour had spread.Hes not running a temputure either nor is he sick hes eating as normal as well.I have been given a cream to put on him.As its in his room and hes asleep l cant remmember what it is called.They was very good with him at the doctors and checked him straight away.Which was very reasuring.Hope your little one is feeling better soon.As for ben its going up his neck and on his eye lids.

busylizzie
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
My daughter has always had something that sounds like this.The doctor said its an allergic reaction to the cold or virus they have just had.Shes always been fine in herself even though the rash is quite alarming.

Ive also seen the same thing happen in children I have minded over the years.Its not contagious just looks bad.Hope shes better soon.

Minstrel
02-10-2008, 01:38 PM
glad its nothing serious. my son has had it too and it canlook so worrying. i remember getting my son an emerg appointmnt just in case, but all cleared up very soon about as quickly as it came. xxx