PDA

View Full Version : Problem parents again

Hannahlg
01-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Well we starting looking after a 4 year old boy on the 9th of setpmber 2008 as thatwas the day he started school fulltime he is contracted to come every night after school till 5.15pm

now the frisat night i picked him up dad came for him at 3.40pm he hadnt had his tea or anything . As mum said she wonted him to havetea. anyways my mum phoned her up then night and decided it was best he had firuit not tea as not sure what time dad would be picking him up. (why did she say he needed tea when dont when dad will be picking him up)

now aftwr that dad all has ben finehe has neverd stayed passed 4pm . But my mum has been chanaging her to 5.15pm as that what is on contact.

Now yestoday went to playgum was there from 10am till 2.45pm when mum got home checked to see if anyone had phoned and mum had phoned us about payment as it was end of month. my mum said she will give dad the bill when he picks the child up and she told her that she was had to charged her to 5.15pm as thats whats on her contract and mum said that was fine as might need you to that time somtimes.

Dad picked child up as normally give him bill and letters etc. 5min later mums phoned wonts to end the contact . she asked hum much noitecs she needs to give she told her its 4 weeks and she needs it in writing. Well the mum started on about a 4 week settling in period . which we dont do (i know some of you do that)

We dont do a 4 week settling in period, and if she reads the contracts she will see that we dont do that as that bits been crossed out. Anyways mum said she will seek adivce about that bit. the childs mum said who are going to phone, my mu msaud dont warry i know who to phone.

so mum mum phoned our childmindering co and she said that she needs to pay 4 weeks notice but she said to phone ncma to doulded check well mum is tring to phone them now.

anyways the childs gran give me the letter saying she wonted to end conteact this moring at school it just says that she will needs us to the end of this week and can she start her 4 weeks notice from today and thankyou for looking after her child.

now me and mum think its becouse she dosnet wont to pay till 5.15pm. my mum thinks that maybe she thought only had to pay till whatevertime dad picks him up or if there pick him up from school there dont need to pay.

the child hasnt even made friends with anyone as he is not here long enough

and think one of my guiena pigs is going blind so now off to posted about that on my guiena pig message board i go to

Hannahlg
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
my mum has phoned ncma and there saud she had to 4 weeks noticed on firday or bring him for another 4 weeks

OrlandoBelle
01-10-2008, 10:27 AM
You should ask to be paid weekly in advance, say on the friday. If they don't have the money on the friday, give them til monday. If they don't have the money onmonday, refuse to look after the child.

As for the childs dad picking him up early, you need to make it clear to parents that you have the right to charge for the full time contracted. Could you not ask them if they want to review the hours of care rather than terminating the contract? Maybe they could start a new contract with an earlier finishing time and charge them overtime if they're late picking him up. Poor thing won't know if he's coming or going if the parents keep leaving him with strangers :(

xx

sarah707
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
I think you're going to have problems with this one!

I very much doubt you will get any more money by the sounds of it tbh...

I wonder if they just needed a stop gap for a month until someone else was available to look after him?

Or maybe he's walking to an empty house to save money because dad is always early anyway?

I would be tempted to cut your losses and walk away today... just say sorry you would like your ££ and let's call it quits... otherwise I can see you doing a lot more work and not getting paid.

Hope I'm wrong :(

kindredspirits
01-10-2008, 09:08 PM
what a pain - i think sarahs right, sounds like more hassle than its worth!
I am charging in advance, one mum is paying monthly and the others weekly that way i know i've always got what i'm owed for my work and if i have to call any time off i will just deduct it off the next week/month!

Hannahlg
03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I think you're going to have problems with this one!

I very much doubt you will get any more money by the sounds of it tbh...

I wonder if they just needed a stop gap for a month until someone else was available to look after him?

Or maybe he's walking to an empty house to save money because dad is always early anyway?

I would be tempted to cut your losses and walk away today... just say sorry you would like your ££ and let's call it quits... otherwise I can see you doing a lot more work and not getting paid.

Hope I'm wrong :(

i dont think he will be walking home on his own he tunred 5 last week

we have got the money for septmber but not the money for the 4 week notice

but anywheres on wed mum phoned and said she would be picking him up from school on thurtday dad phoned and said he was going to pick him up from school . on wed moring the childs gran give me the 4 week notice letter
on thruday moring i posted a latter though her letter box saying she needs to pay her 4 weeks notice and which bits she needs to read on the contracts and her bill for the 4 weeks notice

well today no phone call i got to school the childs never came out the door with the other children or her teacher as i was stading their watching for him he or his parents were no where to be seen. all children have to wait wither there teacher if there cant see mum or dad or who ever is picking them up. and you cant miss the child he has white blonde hair and a bright red coat.
my mum phoned school and asked if her had been in today and there said yes and was with mum now.

now i dont think mum has been to work today as normally in a moring she is rushing off to work as she drops child at school and then goses. she wasnt rushing she was standing at the widnow of her house she didnt have her work clothes on and was not in a rush to go anywhere

my mum has tired phoned 5 times to see what she was playing at nightbutn o answer so she is either not there or not picking the phone up. i think she got our letter yestday saying she needs to pay and has took the hump over it and decided not to phones us today to say that there was picking him up

we cant ask NCAM for help anyways as its not over £150 its only a £128 but my mum is going to do her bust to get the money

emmadines
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
what a pain - i think sarahs right, sounds like more hassle than its worth!
I am charging in advance, one mum is paying monthly and the others weekly that way i know i've always got what i'm owed for my work and if i have to call any time off i will just deduct it off the next week/month!

same here!! theres no way im working and then getting paid for it! i also do 4 weekly. i dont do weekly pay as ive heard quiet a few probs from minders on and off this site.
the parents are awear that i do a 4 weeks notice for termiation and its agreed both verbally and on the contract.

ive also got a shock when i work out how much parents have to pay me :blush: more of a shock for syblings! maybe she hadnt expected to be charged till her contracted hour finished? which is daft in my opinion as nurseries charge weather the child is there or not! so why should we be different?.

good luck in whatever choice you go for.

Hannahlg
04-10-2008, 05:26 PM
well we did explain about the 4 weeks notice to her when she sgined contracts and its on the contracts how much it is pay day and pey week and per month from 3.15pm till 5.15pm