PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted called me today!

emmadines
30-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I was going to put this on here earlier on but a mindee's parent was almost an hour late (she did call and warn me) anyway during this afternoon ofsted called. It was the lady who inspected me!

The only thing is I answered the phone with "Hello asylum!” :laughing: I actually thought it was a particular friend calling as I have a mobile for business use and only advertise that for contact.

After I explained myself she did start to chuckle! (hopefully not while cutting off my head in a photo (if she had one) she was fine about it from what I gather, we spoke about my variation for one child on over night care. she asked what ages I required and for how many! I instantly replied "1" he the asked what ages up to. So it sounds like I have got that!

And I will have my report soon but oh how embarrassing....................

Annie_T
30-09-2008, 11:06 PM
:blush: ops hun

least you got away with it.. well you think (as you said)

i could actually picture the scene tbh lol

hope you do get variation for over night care and that nothing and your report comes soon

emmadines
30-09-2008, 11:09 PM
:blush: ops hun

least you got away with it.. well you think (as you said)

i could actually picture the scene tbh lol

hope you do get variation for over night care and that nothing and your report comes soon

I could have eaten both my feet at the same time :blush: :blush: :blush:

Mollymop
01-10-2008, 05:50 AM
haha, at least she has a sense of humour, hey!?

charleyfarley
01-10-2008, 05:53 AM
My hubby does things like that hence the reason why I don't let him answer the phone :D

Bet you gave her a laugh :thumbsup:

Carol xx

emler
01-10-2008, 06:00 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
01-10-2008, 07:01 AM

Ditto!

Miffy xx

ajs
01-10-2008, 07:07 AM
we used to live in a village called medomsley and i always answered the phone medomsley madhouse

although you could have got away with it by saying that your business was called the asylum:laughing: :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
01-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Sounds like someone in Ofsted has a sense of humour and I bet they have all felt like you at some time or another - I know I have!!

angeldelight
01-10-2008, 07:36 AM
I was going to put this on here earlier on but a mindee's parent was almost an hour late (she did call and warn me) anyway during this afternoon ofsted called. It was the lady who inspected me!

The only thing is I answered the phone with "Hello asylum!” :laughing: I actually thought it was a particular friend calling as I have a mobile for business use and only advertise that for contact.

After I explained myself she did start to chuckle! (hopefully not while cutting off my head in a photo (if she had one) she was fine about it from what I gather, we spoke about my variation for one child on over night care. she asked what ages I required and for how many! I instantly replied "1" he the asked what ages up to. So it sounds like I have got that!

And I will have my report soon but oh how embarrassing....................

Sorry but I thought it was really funny and the type of thing I would do / say ha

Oh well at least she knew you had a sense of humour ha

Angel xx

emmadines
01-10-2008, 09:41 AM
mid inspection i showed her down the garden and she saw the hens and we spoke about that and how she wants some etc.

Rubybubbles
01-10-2008, 10:25 AM
hehe Emma, thats so funny, hubby does stuff like that all the time, more for food joints, pizza place, tandori ect ect :blush:

emmadines
01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
the thing is thats was a mild statement lol :blush: Ive said worse! before I was minding tho!

not to self! answer phone properly lol:laughing:

Monkey1
01-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Pipsqueak
01-10-2008, 06:19 PM
LMAO - I think that is really funny:laughing:

Can you imagine now on your inspection report - house is bedlam!:D