PDA

View Full Version : Trampoline

Straws
30-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Evening all,

I have brought a trampoline a large one with a enclosure safety net, What age do you let your mindees play on it, the instructions say not suitable for children under the age of 6, yet i know of childminders who let children as young as 3 on theirs

Straws xx

singlewiththree
01-10-2008, 06:10 AM
I have written on my policy that children over 3 years can go on, supervised and that only 2 children can go on at once. Mine is an 7ft trampoline with enclosure and circus tent attachment. Its mainly the ladder which worries me with them as its straight onto the flags so not sure what ofsted with say about that.

crazybones
01-10-2008, 06:17 AM
My inspector told me that unless you follow the manufacturers instructions to the letter ie age requirements, then your insurance is invalid if there is an accident.

Ripeberry
01-10-2008, 08:30 AM
I let my own children play on the trampoline aged 6 and 3 but as the safety label says 6yrs + i won't be letting younger mindees on it.
It has a net around it but no ladder and it is on the grass with a safety mat under it.
If needs be it can be "locked" so that no-one can get into it.
But i do have a little trampoline with a bar that the little ones can use:) Might get another one.

littlesprogs
01-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I let my own children play on the trampoline aged 6 and 3 but as the safety label says 6yrs + i won't be letting younger mindees on it.
It has a net around it but no ladder and it is on the grass with a safety mat under it.
If needs be it can be "locked" so that no-one can get into it.
But i do have a little trampoline with a bar that the little ones can use:) Might get another one.

thats the same as me i have a little one for the younger ones. I dont let anyone under the age of 6 on my big trampoline (14ft) and I only let one on at a time otherwise they push each other into the safety net!