PDA

View Full Version : 10% FOR REGISTERED CHILDMINDERS AT ELC

pinklady
30-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi

I am very new on here so this may have been discussed before but I was chatting to a member of staff at my local Early Learning Centre and she told me that once I'm registered to go back with my Ofsted registration number and they'll issue me with a 10% off card. It used to only be for Nursery schools etc but now gets issued to registered childminders.:)

DudleyChildmind
30-09-2008, 08:41 PM
That's great news :thumbsup:

Twinkles
30-09-2008, 08:42 PM
It's well worth having and some of our other new members may not know of it , thank you :thumbsup:

Pauline
30-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes you can never reminded everyone enough about money saving ideas :thumbsup:

Annie_T
30-09-2008, 11:09 PM
yea what they told me, but i now have to go to maidstone store as our one here is with mothercare ... how annoying. (its nearly 20 miles i think to there give or take a few)

but it can only be used for cm items ... as if .. pressies will be brought by me as i bet has with others .. coz who knows if you actually use it for business or not really.

crazybones
01-10-2008, 06:01 AM
yea what they told me, but i now have to go to maidstone store as our one here is with mothercare ... how annoying. (its nearly 20 miles i think to there give or take a few)

but it can only be used for cm items ... as if .. pressies will be brought by me as i bet has with others .. coz who knows if you actually use it for business or not really.

Annie if you register online as a CM not just average person you get the discount online and if I remember rightly you get free P&P too. Save your journey.:thumbsup:

Nettynoo
01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Just a word of warning though, you can't use it to buy their star buys or things that come with a freebie!!!!!
Loads of places give you discount, take a look in your NCMA handbook for further details and also be brave and ask at places you visit ie indoor play zones, toy shops as you never know they may really need your business in this age of credit crunch and any business is better than no business!!!!

lissy
15-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Do we no longer get free delivery with elc as childminders. I have used them before and got the 10% discount with free delivery and now it comes up automatically with delivery charge.

Anyone know??

loocyloo
15-11-2008, 04:46 PM
hi, i think you now have to spend £50 to get free delivery from elc nurseries site! (buts its £100 on 'normal' elc site!) you don't get discount on reduced/special offer items either!

i'm just waiting for them to accept gift cards online! my local store never have what i want in stock, plus its out of my way completely to go to it! but i have had to return a load of stuff lately, and have a large amount built up on a gift card!

xxx

lissy
15-11-2008, 04:48 PM
How annoying ive been waiting for stuff to come back into stock to get all my christmas craft stuff!!

aly
15-11-2008, 04:53 PM
can you get the 10% on top of their 20% off items too???

emmadines
15-11-2008, 05:25 PM
they told me you couldnt!

ive got my card

balloon
15-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for telling us. I had no idea and will be very glad of the 10% off! :)

edited to ask - sorry I'm obviously being a bit thick here but how do you join ELC online as a childminder? All I can see are spaces to out your name etc and nothing to say childminder / nursery etc (do you get redirected or something?)

lissy
15-11-2008, 09:46 PM
When i registered i had to take my certifivate into elc and they gave me a card there. Not sure if its the same now??

emmadines
16-11-2008, 01:30 PM
When i registered i had to take my certifivate into elc and they gave me a card there. Not sure if its the same now??

i had to take mine in too (1 month ago.)

MissTinkerbell
16-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks for telling us. I had no idea and will be very glad of the 10% off! :)

edited to ask - sorry I'm obviously being a bit thick here but how do you join ELC online as a childminder? All I can see are spaces to out your name etc and nothing to say childminder / nursery etc (do you get redirected or something?)

Click on the nurseries link at the bottom of the homepage and register here. You need to click this before you purchase and log on on this page rather than the main page.

You can't get your 10% on stuff that is already part of another offer, so if its part of a 3 for 2 or has a price reduction you can't get 10% off.

I spent over £100 and got free delivery but didn't when I spent £20 the other day.