PDA

View Full Version : Fruit around the world

lissy
30-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Can anyone help me with a list (or anything) of where fruits come from around the world.

Heaven Scent
30-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Gosh I did some planning on behalf of my local childminding support group on this very topic last term - unfortunately all of the planning was hand written into a book and the said book fell out of the support minders buggy and was run over by a car a few weeks later so unfortunately I cant give you a copy of my plans.

All I can say is that I googled the topic and gots lots of images from google images and we made a large map of the world, bought a variety of fruit which th children tasted then positiond pictures of the fruit on the continent where they are grown. This had to be kept simple due to the ages of the children and time restrictions.

Blaze
30-09-2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/fruits_region_frameset.htm

Just click on the name of the country.:)

lissy
01-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Gosh I did some planning on behalf of my local childminding support group on this very topic last term - unfortunately all of the planning was hand written into a book and the said book fell out of the support minders buggy and was run over by a car a few weeks later so unfortunately I cant give you a copy of my plans.

All I can say is that I googled the topic and gots lots of images from google images and we made a large map of the world, bought a variety of fruit which th children tasted then positiond pictures of the fruit on the continent where they are grown. This had to be kept simple due to the ages of the children and time restrictions.

Without sounding stupid but which fruit did you put where and how did you find out, i too need to keep it simple for ages of children. I have tried a few sites but they seem to all be fruit i havent heard of and i could do with doing the normal fruits that are easy to get hold of and arent too expensive.

Heaven Scent
01-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Apples, oranges, Grape fruit, lemons, limes, banannas. pears, plums,grapes, Kiwi, papaya, mango, StarFruit,a varity of melons from memory stuff that is generally readily available in larger supermarkets. As I said we kept it very simple eg grapes were all over the place in warm countries it was so so simple but the planning looked spectacular and its all gone now - again it was paperwork for paperwork sake in case the network coordinator popped in as the our local early years dept pays something towards the rent for the room we use and in order to receive the funding we now have to plan activities for the children for the hour we are supposed to be supporting each other. I've never seen any planning she has done for the childminder pop in session she organises on Mondays.

angeldelight
17-02-2009, 10:42 AM

Thanks for that link Blaze

Angel xx

miffy
17-02-2009, 10:46 AM

Ooooo that's nice Blaze - thank you

Miffy xx

Mollymop
17-02-2009, 12:21 PM
thank you x

Chell
17-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Have you looked at Handa's Suprise, the story mentions several African fruits.