PDA

View Full Version : Policies For Pre Schools

LittleMissSparkles
15-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know if their is any difference to how OFSTED standards afect pre schools as apose to childminders ?

I have taken on the roll of Registration Secretary at our local pre school and am to say the least shocked about some things, they havent re newed their policys in 5 years !!!still say parents are welcome to pop in and help !!!!

I just wondered if they had didfferent guidlines to us does anyone know ?

I have suggested they are renewed asap

xxx

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 12:56 PM
It is more or less the same Susan

Not sure if this link will work but all the information is on the OFSTED website

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/portal/site/Internet/menuitem.3535723f83ec34fe628a0d8308c08a0c/?vgnextoid=6bab8587fd24a010VgnVCM1000008192a8c0RCR D

Just go down the page and click on Childcare and early education

Angel xx

manjay
15-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know if their is any difference to how OFSTED standards afect pre schools as apose to childminders ?

I have taken on the roll of Registration Secretary at our local pre school and am to say the least shocked about some things, they havent re newed their policys in 5 years !!!still say parents are welcome to pop in and help !!!!

I just wondered if they had didfferent guidlines to us does anyone know ?

I have suggested they are renewed asap

xxx

Think most things are pretty much the same Susan. We have slightly different standards for sessional care so OFSTED will probably do the same. I am going through the same sort of thing at the moment with our local pre school as I am on the committee. I have just emailed my Inspector for clarification as I am not happy with some of the things they do!

amanda xx

buildingblocks
15-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats on the new job Susan (do you not have enough on your plate). I am certain they will have rules and regs to follow - think it is the Daycare standards. Best person to ask is June as she was heavily involved in playgroups for years

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 01:03 PM
You might find some information on here Susan not sure ?

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/features/foundation_stage/fsp_data/eppe

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
15-01-2008, 01:04 PM
the one file they gave me holding everything in for registration had everything for everything in it BUT regisration, have told them if i am doing it its been done properly and i will be starting from scrstch and devising brand new forms etc, they didnt give me alist of children or their details, when they attend how they are billed, whos funded who isnt ..... bloomin nigtmare who ever did it prior needs to go back to school, i dread to think what state the books are in !!!!

The black hard back book they gave me dates back to 1991 and holds details of when Luca was there some 8 years ago, the book is 16 years old can you belive it full of personal details from people who wanted to enroll....... i have told them they must hold last 5 years but the rest must be destroyed for data protection act etc

xxx

LittleMissSparkles
15-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Congrats on the new job Susan (do you not have enough on your plate). I am certain they will have rules and regs to follow - think it is the Daycare standards. Best person to ask is June as she was heavily involved in playgroups for years

I have to add it is voluntary Kate ! glutten for punishment me cant say no ....

emler
15-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Certainly sounds like you have a task on your hands Susan. Good for you though - am sure you'll have them sorted out in no time :)

Emler x

buildingblocks
15-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Will remember that when we need a post filling in group now let me think what we need (evil laugh) (talking of whic just found you papers so will drop them to you at some point)

mrsbumbles
15-01-2008, 01:10 PM
I have a copy of our playgroups policies and all i can see that they have different from me are:
Student, parent, helper giudlines and
staff and employment policy
the rest is pretty much standard stuff.

LittleMissSparkles
15-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I have a copy of our playgroups policies and all i can see that they have different from me are:
Student, parent, helper giudlines and
staff and employment policy
the rest is pretty much standard stuff.

Thanks for that Donna now I'll o what im talking about when i tell them they are sooo out of date ! ....LOL

mrsbumbles
15-01-2008, 01:34 PM
They also quote alot of pre school leaning alliance and there guidlines