PDA

View Full Version : PIPE CLEANERS?

zoex
30-09-2008, 11:52 AM
hello,

i got millions and millions of pipe cleaners, sparkley ones, coloured, 2 coloured, animal print etc.

anyone got any ideas what i can make with them???????????????????????
my children are just turnt 2 so i need some simple ideas that they can do.

Saranotts
30-09-2008, 12:29 PM
what about attaching twisting them round their fingers and then attaching the pipe cleaners not the fingers to a toilet roll tube and also some paint and glitter or colorful tissue paper and hey presto you have some pretty rockets. We did this last year and they were great.

or

twist the end of two together and then get them to wind fabric, wool etc in a figure of eight (doesn't have to be perfect) and then twist the other ends together fashion them into any shape pop some felt eyes on and you have a thingamyjig and then they could even make a home for it as well.:D

Sara

Rainy
30-09-2008, 12:29 PM
We recently used pipe cleaners to make spiders. :)

Twinkles
30-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I give mine a plain pencil and wrap double sided sticky tape round it , then they wrap the pipe cleaner around and hey presto pretty pencil .

jfbsdb
30-09-2008, 12:34 PM
We recently used pipe cleaners to make spiders. :)

That's what we are all going to do this afternoon.. use scrunched up paper to make the bodies, strips of paper coloured in for the legs and pipe cleans stuck to the strips of paper to enable the legs to be bent into shape :)

Jean x

Sadie's Mum
30-09-2008, 01:08 PM
We have used them to make spiders before too - but I used a cut up egg box for the bodies lol

Last year for halloween we made black witches cats - we painted paper plates black then stuck on paper shapes for the eyes, ears, nose etc and then used pipe cleaners for the whiskers

We have definitely used them for other things as well but my mind has gone blank! Will have a think!

avril
30-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Yep, spiders here too, I've bought balls for them to paint black for the body.

You could have an insect/mini beast theme and use the pipe cleaners for legs or antenaies (however you spell it) :blush:

jellytot
30-09-2008, 01:12 PM
i doin spiders this wk also

Sadie's Mum
30-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Last christmas time we went out to the park and collected a load of pine cones. When we got home we spread glue all over the pine cones and then sprinkled them with glitter. When they were dried we fixed a sparkley pipe cleaner to the top of the pine cone to make christmas tree decorations

charleyfarley
30-09-2008, 01:26 PM
How about crabs? The same as spiders but orange

Carol xx

zoex
30-09-2008, 01:53 PM
lol...thanks everyone.

i got loads of them jus sitting in the box and everyday i look at them and just say hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

no ill have a go at these activitys.

:)

thank you

busylizzie
30-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Ive done caterpillars with egg carton bodies(about 4) painted them then used the pipe cleaners for antenae. Looked quite sweet.

miffy
02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Some good ideas here too Zoe

www.talkingchild.com/craftspipe.aspx

Miffy xx

emmadines
03-10-2008, 09:56 AM
what about making black pompoms then using the pipe cleaners as leggs??
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/animals/pompomspider/

PaulaR
03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
thanks for the pipe cleaning site.