PDA

View Full Version : A group in our village

mandy moo
30-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Some of the childminders that drop/and pick up their own and minded kids off at school, (there is 6 at least in the village) are thinking of getting together, say one evening a month, to discuss Work, EYFS an all that .
Taking in turns to meet at someones house.
Does anyone know if I need to advise anyone what we intend to do ie Ncma, Ofsted etc?
If we talk about 'Work' mentioning no names etc of course, are we breaking any rules or regs?
Has anyone else set up a similar group, (we are thing along the lines of coffee/wine evenings and chat rather than somthing formal)
Will take up a lot of organisers/MY time? after setting it all up.
Bearing in mind Iam minding and have 2 under 10yrs of my own and hubby of course.
Thanks
Mandy

singlewiththree
30-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I cant help with the rules and regulations but it sounds a great idea. Our local childminders meet up on a Thurs and have a private toddler group with the children present to discuss childminding issues and that has been going for years apparently so cant see it being a problem. If anything yours is better as its hard to talk when you are looking after children.

Best of luck with it
Paula W

Andrea08
30-09-2008, 10:03 AM
it sound good to get together and just chat i would keep the first meetings open , some1 might have an issue they need to talk about and if you have stated the chat be about EYFS that someone might not feel open to talk about their needs?

keep it free and relaxed and shared car so half of you can have a glass of wine!! ill be there lol

if you are all childminders and need to talk about a family or child i would ask your LA team for advice but you will all know eachothers children etc but if others are parents and not childminders then yes you can not talk about individuals!

good luck x

hello kitty
30-09-2008, 12:38 PM
3 of us meet quite regularly with our mindees at each others houses or at toddler groups etc and last week we met in the evening for a SEF discussion, this ended up with us talking about planning and everything in between.

I don't think you need to inform anyone, it's in your own time and you should observe confidentiality as you would normally.:)