PDA

View Full Version : Childrens towels

barbarella68
30-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi does anyone know where I can get some colourful hand towels for the children.I have been using towels obviously but need some that are all different colours so the children can know which one belongs to them.
I need 5.
The problem I also have is that even hand towels are too big for the children to use.:)

Pedagog
30-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Primark often have tea towel sized towels in various colours, and they have hanging loops.

Andrea08
30-09-2008, 09:51 AM
last year i got an old towel and cut it in 2,
stich a 2nd piece of material to the towel eg a red square and thats for BOB!
a blue star for JOHN and the children and OFSTED will love this!!

you could try names too "decorat your own hand towel day (BRING YOUR TOWEL FROM HOME)
CLL, CD, PSED, PD,

just an idea ok good luck xxx

emmadines
30-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi does anyone know where I can get some colourful hand towels for the children.I have been using towels obviously but need some that are all different colours so the children can know which one belongs to them.
I need 5.
The problem I also have is that even hand towels are too big for the children to use.:)

I know this sounds daft but what about getting some terry toweling nappies (the squares) and dye them? I dont think they cost much? you could tie dye them with the kids so they have made thair own towels??:blush:

singlewiththree
30-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I read someone on here uses kitchen roll and I'm going to do that. I cant face all that washing and the children using the wrong ones etc. I'm going to give them a piece of kitchen roll each time they wash their hands. At preschool they use the paper towels so even though it goes against my eco ethos by using disposable ones I think it will save me some stress.

I love the ideas of the posts above though.
PaulaW

Lou
30-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I get them from Ikea, they are 29p each for really small white hand towells with hanging loops, then i put them on a hook with different coloured stickers with childrens names.

fionamal
30-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I bought some "Guest Towels" which are smaller then the normal hand towels and I embroidered Initials onto them.

My own 2 kids have their names in full on theirs and the rest its just NS, ET etc and once they leave they can take them with them.

Bevbeetle
30-09-2008, 10:23 AM
i use the green paper towels like they use at school

Minstrel
30-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I have some very bright towels from ikea. I bought 6 different colours, yellow, orange, red, lime green, blue and black for £1.50 each. they all have loops to hang them up with too.

Polly2
30-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I use flannels (an idea from this lovely forum! sorry can't remember who :blush: )

LisaH
30-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I have some very bright towels from ikea. I bought 6 different colours, yellow, orange, red, lime green, blue and black for £1.50 each. they all have loops to hang them up with too.

I have the same ones!! the colours really are very bright too. I also use kitchen paper when towels are in wash.:)

marian
30-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I use flannels too.
Ikea have a pack of 10 whilte ones in the childrens dept but they all have different coloured loops.
marian

Annie_T
30-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I read someone on here uses kitchen roll and I'm going to do that. I cant face all that washing and the children using the wrong ones etc. I'm going to give them a piece of kitchen roll each time they wash their hands. At preschool they use the paper towels so even though it goes against my eco ethos by using disposable ones I think it will save me some stress.

I love the ideas of the posts above though.
PaulaW

thats what my pr reg inspector said i could do when she mentioned i only had one towel in toilet.

can you not use tea towls hun? .. they come in different patterens colours and cheap x

cherry
30-09-2008, 11:58 AM
I've been getting mine from Ebay, just type in Childrens hand towel. Ok, they come from Hong Kong but I've had no problems.

I've also bought paper towels from our local Cash and Carry.

butterfly
30-09-2008, 12:07 PM
i have diff coloured hand towels for older children and use-once then wash flannels for the los

Saranotts
30-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I also use Ikea flannels, I keep them in a nice basket and after they have used one they put it in a special bin ,which I then remove each day and wash them all on a nice high temp. No worries then about using the wrong towel.

Sara

barbarella68
30-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all your ideas,I will now go and have a think about what to do.
What a lot of things we have to remember to do to make Ofsted like us:D

Pudding Girl
30-09-2008, 12:27 PM

I use cheap face flannels, Asda sell some for only 20p each in their smart price range, or about 40-60p in the better ranges that has more colours.

ideal size for little ones, they are mostly different colours put out each day, but as they are washed every day I have loads and sometimes they are the same colour, but on my rail I have the childrens name plaques so I teach them the position of their towels rather than the colour as it can change.

I know a lot use paper towels but it's not green really.

donnahay0
30-09-2008, 12:34 PM
I use the white (cheap) towels from Ikea as well. However, I sew on a little insect motif onto the corner of one towel and one flannel to make a matching set - then each child knows which is theirs.

I got the motifs from a material shop and they are only about the size of 20p piece. I chose to go with insects to keep a theme going.

Heaven Scent
30-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I use cheap Flannels which I keep in a container by the wash hand basin and then the children put them into a little bin which I wash nightly. I have about 30 in all,

FizzysFriends
30-09-2008, 01:02 PM
hmm might have to go to Ikea to get some towels and lots of other things whilst Im there, It would be a shame not to go home with an empty car, lol

littletreasures
30-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I have these in a variety of colours. 3 of each and replace daily.

http://www.towelsrus.co.uk/product/29

Angela234
30-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I use kitchen roll, i do like the small towels but i have a small cloakroom toilet at my first inspection i was told my paper towels were best as i didn't have room to hang many towels without them touching

Angela

Saranotts
30-09-2008, 06:43 PM
hmm might have to go to Ikea to get some towels and lots of other things whilst Im there, It would be a shame not to go home with an empty car, lol

Nooooooooooo don't do it......... big mistake, I always go to Ikea thinking ooh I just need one of these and one of those but then walk round thinking, ooh it would be a shame not to get one of those they're so cheap and then by the end I find I have spent about £90!!!!! oh and of course uummmmmm swedish meatball yummy.

Sara

DudleyChildmind
30-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I have just been to Asda and bought 15 white flannels for 20p each. Would it be okay for me to leave them in the bathroom with a small plastic basket so when the children have dried their hands they can put the flannel straight into the basket for me to boil wash?

Heaven Scent
30-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes that would be brilliant

crazybones
30-09-2008, 07:11 PM
I have just been to Asda and bought 15 white flannels for 20p each. Would it be okay for me to leave them in the bathroom with a small plastic basket so when the children have dried their hands they can put the flannel straight into the basket for me to boil wash?

That's what I do.:thumbsup: Also have a hand-dryer for the older ones but the lo's are scared of the noise :laughing:

FizzysFriends
30-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Nooooooooooo don't do it......... big mistake, I always go to Ikea thinking ooh I just need one of these and one of those but then walk round thinking, ooh it would be a shame not to get one of those they're so cheap and then by the end I find I have spent about £90!!!!! oh and of course uummmmmm swedish meatball yummy.

Sara

I only buy things that I can use so its not like im wasting money (trying to convince myself here), I go to the Nottingham one so have to go to Next and Decathalon too.

DudleyChildmind
30-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Yes that would be brilliant

That's what I do.:thumbsup: Also have a hand-dryer for the older ones but the lo's are scared of the noise :laughing:

Really? I'm very pleased about that because I wasn't sure I had done the right thing :blush:

crazybones
30-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Really? I'm very pleased about that because I wasn't sure I had done the right thing :blush:

Sometimes in the holidays I have 9 children. There is no way I can have 9 different towels in the downstairs loo. Most of the time they would be dropped sopping wet on the floor. The little ones are supervised washing hands and the older one's know the drill. The very well trained ones even take the flannels to the washng machine :eek: :laughing: The inspector was happy with this way, especially when my 2 year old brought her a flannel to wash her hands before she had a cup of tea. Give her her due she got up and washed them.

DudleyChildmind
30-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Aww, kids do the nicest things at times don't they :D

busylizzie
30-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Ikea colour coded :) flannels for washing.Paper towels in the loo.Ofsted were happy

manjay
30-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I mostly use 20p value ones from Tesco. I probably have about 50:panic: At the moment I too have 8/9 children here each day so not practical to hang them up. they get stored in a basket by the sink and each one is used once and then goes in the wash. I then of course had to buy a super dooper efficient green washing machine to cope with all my minding washing:clapping:

Pedagog
30-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I have a load of Bar Towels how do you think Ofsted would feel about those?:idea:

I am only joking!!!;)