PDA

View Full Version : Early Years Educator

Rubybubbles
29-09-2008, 08:12 PM
okay so I am sat here multi tasking big time:laughing:

Forum, cold forum, who do you think you are and reading this!

And stop

page 6 (october 2008)

In England the EYFS is also delivered in non-maintained settings, blah blah and throught ACCREDITED CHILDMINDERS:angry:

I am not accredited and have to follow the EYFS! I am wound up that such a 'high' magazine has put this, honestly we really don't get any credit for what we have to do and go through do we:panic:

I think a nice email may need to be in order for this one! and to the ncma cos I feel like it tonight:laughing:

SARAH need you:D

sarah707
29-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Dear Sir

I was shocked and amazed by the reference in your magazine (date...) to the Eyfs being delivered by accredited childminders only.

Every single childminder in the country has to deliver Eyfs, to the same exacting standards as nurseries, playgroups and schools... yet we do not get the back up, the funding... many of us have not yet been offered adequate or accessible training.

Perhaps your writer would like to spend time working with a childminder delivering this new curriculum to a range of children aged from 6 weeks - 6 years old, in a home environment, on their own every day, starting at 7am with daily safety checks and finishing late in the evening when observations and planning for the next day need to be written up. Or would that, perhaps, be too long and exacting a day when the average wage childminders receive is only £3 to £3.50 an hour?

Best regards,