PDA

View Full Version : changes to a contract???

kindredspirits
29-09-2008, 07:42 PM
The mum of the boy i've been doing 2 hours a week for the past month or so came to me in the playground today. basically i am all contracted up to be having her son at 8am to take to school every day and then pick him up from school until 6pm. I charge £75 per week for this.
Although i've been doing it on an ad-hoc basis for the last month as she doesn't start her new job until november so that is when we are contracted for the full contract to start.
Anyway, she says to me, d wants to go to breakfast club with his friends and i've managed to get him in (she's just become part of the board of school governers and i know the breakfast club has a waiting list, so draw what conclusion you like.) so now i'll only be getting him after school instead of before and after (i charge £50 per week for just after school.)
Thing is she is technically giving me 4 weeks notice of a change, its just the contract hasn't started yet, so do i just tell her i'll amend her contract as of tomorrow to accomodate this, i don't want her to get the impression she can mess me around and change her times all the time, and make it clear to her that i'm doing this as theres 4 weeks until the contract really starts fully???

sorry thats long for a simple question!

Chatterbox Childcare
29-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I would do a new contract and inform her that as the contract didn't start it could be changed. As long as she knows I am sure she will appreciate what you have done for her.

berkschick
29-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I would take the 4 weeks notice of change, its how it should be and only fair!