PDA

View Full Version : Oh No - help me with NVQ ideas for tomorrow :(

katickles
29-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Just getting all my paperwork together for tomorrow, i have my college assessor coming & totaly forgot a piece of homework :panic: :blush: :panic:

I have to plan a craft activity for my display but have to link it in with healthy eating 307.2 & 307.3.

I will then be observed & questioned.

Ok heres the problems
1) Its an activity for afterschool as assessor is coming at 3:30
2) I will have a baby of 5 months, a 16 month a 18 month & school age 6 years.
3) I also some how have to have the kids dinners ready for 5pm - minus the 16 month old who will be collected during the observation, actually so will the 5 month old.

Oh god - what shall we do?????

DudleyChildmind
29-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't know what to suggest but is it possible to ask them to come earlier in the day? I start my NVQ on Thursday so I will probably come across the same problem at some point.

Good luck :)

Mrs.L.C
29-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Have you got any paper plates? give each child 1 and some pictures of food (from mags/internet) and ask the older children to do a plate for healthy food and one for not. for the younger ones just cut the food out for them and let them loose with the glue

Pre prepare a meal so you just need to zap it or make sandwiches ready (obv keep covered) and that will give you more time for the activity

katickles
29-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Have you got any paper plates? give each child 1 and some pictures of food (from mags/internet) and ask the older children to do a plate for healthy food and one for not. for the younger ones just cut the food out for them and let them loose with the glue

Pre prepare a meal so you just need to zap it or make sandwiches ready (obv keep covered) and that will give you more time for the activity

Laura - You are a super star :jump for joy:

Love the idea!! Was thinking of getting them to do painting with diff fruit & veg & try to make it into 5 a day - but yours is a fab idea!

Oh & just lifted some mince out of freezer to make a bolognase in slow cooker.

Thanks again though x

Mrs.L.C
29-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Laura - You are a super star :jump for joy:

Love the idea!! Was thinking of getting them to do painting with diff fruit & veg & try to make it into 5 a day - but yours is a fab idea!

Oh & just lifted some mince out of freezer to make a bolognase in slow cooker.

Thanks again though x

No probs. Hope all goes ok tomoz for you. I did my NVQ last year so i know how difficult it can be doin things when the assessor is there. Its like having Ofsted with you

emmadines
29-09-2008, 08:06 PM
how about giving the children a blunt knife andallow them to make a fruit salad??