PDA

View Full Version : The results are in....................

emmadines
29-09-2008, 04:40 PM
I got Satisfactory :(

Im not sure if I should be happy about that! ok its better then Inadequate but Im sure I could do better!

my let downs were I handn't picked up after the dog! (I do pick up every day before and normally check before children go outside! I just hadnt got round to it. I had been focusing so much on my paperwork)
the kids told a couple of porkies about the towels and the fire alarm practice (I forgot to write it up) :blush: :(
and about the washing of hands. down stairs....... which they do just they dont have indervidual towels downstairs (never really thought about it)

:crying: :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
29-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Well done:clapping: :clapping: You should be proud of your result. You are one of the first to get inspected and as such its all still up in the air.

Minor things that have been picked up on that you will ensure are done for next time round.

And Bless the Children eh.

Well done :thumbsup: :clapping:

emmadines
29-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Well done:clapping: :clapping: You should be proud of your result. You are one of the first to get inspected and as such its all still up in the air.

Minor things that have been picked up on that you will ensure are done for next time round.

And Bless the Children eh.

Well done :thumbsup: :clapping:

guess whos having a bottle of wine tonight!!! im so relieved its over i just want to cry and get all the stress:crying::crying:

devoncm
29-09-2008, 04:49 PM
well done , someone has to be first and even ofsted are still learning so cant be bad, and sounds like silly things they brought you up on as you usually do it anyway- in the kitchen i have kitchen roll so would use that instead of towels.

Twinkles
Well done :thumbsup: you should be pleased with that. I don't think they even know what they are looking for yet so how can we ?

Pipsqueak
I was picked up on the stupidest thing - I had forgotten to sign the kids in that morning - it had been a mega rush, they where late and we had to leave straight for school, inspector was waiting as I got back from school...... the rest is history....

Inspections can be stressful so I reckon you have done pretty well hun xx

Tatia
29-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Pip is right, those are all minor points. And I feel for the first lot of people getting inspected as they are the guinea pigs really!

So keep your chin up (that helps with the wine!:D ).

:thumbsup:

breezy
well done hun, relax now, it's all over:)

hbomb1
well done, you should be proud of yourself :thumbsup:

Enjoy the wine :D

merry
Well done, satisfactory means you're doing your job to the high standard Ofsted sets :clapping: I think we put far too much pressure on ourselves over these grades, and I don't think it makes much difference to parents anyway, they still always ask what you charge first :laughing:

:)

Nikki's stars
29-09-2008, 04:54 PM
:clapping: Well done! I was inspected last tuesday - the stress was unbelievable.....luckily I was minding 2 one years olds who can't talk! The inspector was very unsure about which boxes to fill out and where they were on her laptop! They are all still learning the new system. Have a large glass of wine - just think its all over for another 3 years! xx

LOOPYLISA
Well done you xx:clapping:

emmadines
oh I forgot to mention that the 2 inspecters I had think that i have this forum for support and info etc is great!:clapping:

I had two 4 year olds one 6 year old (2 including my own) a 10 year old and my 2 year old.

miffy
29-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Well done - at least it's all over now

Enjoy your wine :)

Miffy xx

sarah707
29-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Well done you!

You should feel great to know you're meeting the standards :clapping:

ruby
29-09-2008, 05:12 PM
well done i know you were under a lot of stress

now go and have a nice relaxing bath and enjoy your bottle of wine

you did great:clapping:

Cathy

emmadines
29-09-2008, 05:14 PM
watch me count down the days for the next visit in 3 years time haha:laughing:

Pauline
29-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Fantastic! it's a shame that the word satisfactory is used, it has a different meaning when used in relation to an Ofsted grade, it means you are doing really well. I think it should be renamed!

Enjoy that wine!! :thumbsup:

ajs
29-09-2008, 05:53 PM
well done emma you did very well

Jules27
29-09-2008, 05:54 PM
WELL DONE:clapping: :clapping: you should be really proud of yourself. No one knows what to expect under the EYFS. Not even Ofsted! I feel sure I am going toget THE CALL soon as a number ofothers near me have... thing is I have no mindees duing school time at the mo and my paperwork is not done... really should get on with it I suppose!! I have all my policies done, but still need to do SEF , and various risk assesments to be typed up.......:laughing: :laughing:

emmadines
29-09-2008, 06:13 PM
WELL DONE:clapping: :clapping: you should be really proud of yourself. No one knows what to expect under the EYFS. Not even Ofsted! I feel sure I am going toget THE CALL soon as a number ofothers near me have... thing is I have no mindees duing school time at the mo and my paperwork is not done... really should get on with it I suppose!! I have all my policies done, but still need to do SEF , and various risk assesments to be typed up.......:laughing: :laughing:

I have before and after schoolers only.

LisaH
29-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Fantastic! it's a shame that the word satisfactory is used, it has a different meaning when used in relation to an Ofsted grade, it means you are doing really well. I think it should be renamed!

Enjoy that wine!! :thumbsup:

I agree!! I had my last inspection a year ago and was graded 'satisfactory', I was really upset about it and my report certainly read better than the word 'satisfactory' suggests!!!

Very poor choice of word to use.

You did really well and i are fab minder, well done. Enjoy your wine hun.:clapping: :)

emler
29-09-2008, 06:54 PM
:clapping: well done Emma :clapping:

lesley
29-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Well done Emma. I have got mime Wednesday.

Lesley

marian
29-09-2008, 06:57 PM
well done you. at least thats over with for the next 3 years!
How's the wine?:D
Marian

Rubybubbles
29-09-2008, 06:59 PM
as my pm well done hun, you are meeting all the requirements

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

maybe we should get sarah to do a letter and we'll all sign it to how satisfactory sounds naff:laughing:

tulip0803
29-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Well done:) . As the others said it means that you are doing everthing just right. Never did like the Satisfactory word:( because it does not tell parents that you are meeting all the standards and are doing everything you should be.

Inspections are stressful. I noticed on my CSSIW one that I had missed a dog poo :eek: and kept trying to postion myself so she could not see it:blush:. Children do have a seperate area to play but was on the bit they have to cross to get to it.

On my last OFSTED one I offered her a tea or coffee, put the kettle on and that's as far as it got. I remembered as she was putting her coat on:o

angeldelight
29-09-2008, 07:45 PM
A very well done Emma

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
29-09-2008, 07:53 PM
I say well done and enjoy that wine

No more visits for another 3 years

Celebrate

Helen Dempster
29-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I agree with the others - you should be veeeeeeeeeeery proud of yourself!! Enjoy the wine!!!!!!

Hels xx

Lou
29-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Well done hun xx

emmadines
29-09-2008, 08:10 PM
am I right in thinking that I now need to take copies and pass it onto the parents?

Shirlwith3
29-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Well done, now you can relax for 3yrs, at least you know what to expect on your next inspection.

Hope the wine is a nice one.

shirl

Cazz
29-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Well done!

At least you can relax now for another 3 years - that must be a relief in itself!

Carole x

emmadines
30-09-2008, 10:19 AM
hi i feel much happier about the grade they gave me today.:blush:

Andrea08
30-09-2008, 10:28 AM
:clapping: well done you :clapping:

i dont like the grading words we should be super fab gr8 wonderful ..lol

i also think grading like; Setting Satisfactory with x2 Areas as Good

what do you think?

emmadines
30-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I do think satisfactory can lead to misconception (is that a word? have I used it in the right context:blush: ) about the setting itself!

balloon
30-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Well done, now you can relax for the next three years. :)

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Parents have to be given the option of obtaining the report and you can charge for this.

I write to my parents giving them the grade and asking if they want a copy. They always say no and it doesn't cost as much

emmadines
30-09-2008, 11:37 AM
how much per copy do you charge? do parents really pay for a copy?