PDA

View Full Version : concern over mindee

littlestar
29-09-2008, 03:14 PM
hello all, my youngest mindee is going hospital this week to have radioactive dye because of long term problems to see what is wrong my concern is how long do they stay radioactive for does it stay in there system for 24hrrs or more if so are they allowed around other young children and pregnent women? i have no idea and not getting much from parents if any one has any knowledge on this it would be very much apricated
thank you

Pedagog
29-09-2008, 03:29 PM
When I had it done a 8 years ago (it was a lung scan with radioactive air), I had to use a separate toilet for 24 hours, could not breastfeed for 24 hours and was not allowed near other peoples young children.

But two years ago when I had a radioactive injection of dye I was fine to be with children.

littlestar
29-09-2008, 03:30 PM
thanks for that so its 24hrs then she going on thurs so ill say ill see her monday i got other young ones and dont want to risk it

could anyone tell me what the risks are if any?

Lottie
29-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Have you tried calling NHS direct? I am sure they would be able to give you all the info you need.

singlewiththree
29-09-2008, 04:20 PM
My daughter had it for urine infections and I just had to double bag nappies if she had them and make sure I wash hands, otherwise they said she was fine to play with her sisters.

good luck
Paula W