PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrr don't you just hate it when......

SimplyLucy
29-09-2008, 01:08 PM
......a parent books an appointment with you then doesn't show up. :angry: :angry:

I had a father and his daughter due to come and see me at 1.30pm, they choose the time and day so it's so annoying when they don't show.

Yes I know they might have a good excuse and yes I'll let them off if they do. But if they simply come back with an "oh we forgot" then they aren't the type of parents I want anyhow!

Looking on the brightside, my housework is done for the week now and it's only Monday :clapping: :clapping:

Annie_T
29-09-2008, 01:17 PM
i think it will annoy me too hun, hope he get bk to you.

woo no housework ..wish i didnt have it to do haha

LOOPYLISA
29-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh how annoying, like youve said at least you have got the housework done :D

Rubybubbles
29-09-2008, 01:28 PM
in a word YES!!!

glad your house looks good though:laughing:

Twinkles
29-09-2008, 01:48 PM
That's just so rude. I don't think I've ever had that happen to me , like you say if I did I don't think I'd want to work for them anyway.

michellethegooner
29-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I have had it happen to me a couple of times and if/when they call back with some lame excuse 'I forgot' or sorry I couldnt make but x' y' and z happen I tell them 'sorry I have filled the space. If they call me to tell me they cant make it then that not a problem.

But there is no excuse for not ringing if its only because child had a restless night or the car broke down etc..

Just ring on the day and have the courtesy to let me know so I can get on with my day.

Pipsqueak
29-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I always seem to get those type of parents. I even had one who came and filled out the contracts etc etc but I didn't want to sign them until she bought back the bursary forms from college. Never saw or heard from them again.:angry:

Like you say the upside is the houseworld is done.:D

balloon
29-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, it makes me livid too!

I'd love for one of them to call now cos their current arrangements have fallen through and me be able to say 'sorry I'm full'

Hope it's genuine and he gets in touch and turns up properly.

Bushpig
29-09-2008, 03:23 PM
How frustrating, yes! If they call again and rearrange a meeting, say you have to charge for it ;)

Mollymop
29-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Yes I hate it, I have had this happen to me twice and I have only been minding for 5 months. :mad:

Lottie
29-09-2008, 04:06 PM
This hasn't happened to me *touch wood* but I can imagine how infuriating it must be!