PDA

View Full Version : Have you got a slice of bread?

Saranotts
29-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Mmmmmmm this was the question from one mum this morning, when really what she meant was could I provide her child with a packed lunch for school as she had left it at home!

It does make me cross, why didn't she say what she meant, did she really think I would just give the child a slice of bread? Its not the first time and so I have decided I'm going to charge her as I don't see why I should be out of pocket. Does £2 sound ok? I made her a sandwich, an apple, some grapes, a babybel and a muller fruit corner.

Thanks

Sara

wendywu
29-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Sounds fine to me. She is lucky you have these things at short notice. But my local school will give a child a dinner if they come without lunch and they charge the parent.:)

Gherkin
29-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Sounds fine to me. She is lucky you have these things at short notice. But my local school will give a child a dinner if they come without lunch and they charge the parent.:)

My local school will do that too. Think £2 was perfectly reasonable for this meal and to be honest that is what school dinners are around here.

angeldelight
29-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I have had the same happen in the past

It is annoying

I think it is fair to charge her why should you be out of pocket

Angel xx

berkschick
29-09-2008, 09:40 AM
The fruit corners alone are 49p ( I only know that because I got some at the weekend and was shocked at how expensive they are!) so £2 sounds very fair!

Pipsqueak
29-09-2008, 09:48 AM
A slice of bread - is that all she provides for her child???:eek: Some parents.... and I think the price is fine too:thumbsup:

Jules27
29-09-2008, 11:18 AM
£2 sounds fair, a school dinner here is £1.80, rising to £1.90 after half term:( !!!!!!!!

LIke you say, why can't theparents just say exactly what they mean??????:laughing:

Twinkles
29-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I know it's not quite the same thing but I once had a mum turn up with a packet cake mix and ask could I make her husbands Birthday cake as she didn't have time :eek:
I picked up her daughter that afternoon and she said 'Mummy said you've got to make Daddy's birthday cake with me ' so she'd obviously told her daughter that's what we would be doing !!!

Needless to say I didn't ;)

FizzysFriends
29-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I know it's not quite the same thing but I once had a mum turn up with a packet cake mix and ask could I make her husbands Birthday cake as she didn't have time :eek:
I picked up her daughter that afternoon and she said 'Mummy said you've got to make Daddy's birthday cake with me ' so she'd obviously told her daughter that's what we would be doing !!!

OMG what a cheek!! Why didn't she buy one if she didn't have time to make one.

christine e
29-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I think you need to be careful here if you don't charge very much she might try and make a regular habit of it.

Cx

ajs
29-09-2008, 11:38 AM
i charge 1.50 for an occasional lunch but it is only a sandwich a piece of fruit, and a yogurt i know it's not much but it's what i said at the start and haven't got round to putting it up yet, i certainly wouldn't be giving muller corners in that price though

Rubybubbles
29-09-2008, 01:12 PM
cheeky biatch

sorry! but come on!

I have to make my kiddies lunch boxs up the night before, and always get a shopping delivery come Fri/sat or sun because I worry about them not having things for their lunch the following week

What a cheek

Twinkles:eek: hope you stuck the spoon somewhere:laughing:

Annie_T
29-09-2008, 01:15 PM
it sounds fine to me hun

littlesprogs
29-09-2008, 01:18 PM
How bl**dy cheeky of her!! I include lunch and snacks in my fees but only for full timers i wouldnt expect to have to do a packed lunch for them! I would be charging more than that for the inconveniance of it all!

balloon
29-09-2008, 03:10 PM
£2 sounds fine to me. It usually costs about £2.99 for one of those cold lunch boxes in a café and the lunch you packed sounds much more nutritious.

Hopefully mum won't forget again, but this time she has been lucky to have you to help out, hopefully she realises that too. :)

merry
29-09-2008, 04:44 PM
II once had a mum turn up with a packet cake mix and ask could I make her husbands Birthday cake as she didn't have time :eek:

The nerve of some parents is astonishing!!!
:)

Saranotts
29-09-2008, 05:24 PM

Oh my god........ I can't believe how cheeky some people can be!

I feel a bit guilty though about the lunch now as the mum did say a big thank you tonight:blush: and reminded me to bill her (as if I would forget).

Sara

kindredspirits
29-09-2008, 07:37 PM
so she bloomin' should - how you can leave the house without your childs packed lunch is beyond me - what if you'd said no!!!! :angry: