PDA

View Full Version : Another Bank Holiday Question

Raggydolls
15-01-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm working out my fees etc for when i start and was wondering what everyone else does. I will charge my normal rate unless i am required to work where i will charge more, but do you guys charge as if its a school day and only charge those hours or do you class it as a school holiday day so therefore charge a full day.

what it is is i have a family of 3 kids lined up for when i start, 2 afterschoolers and one full day, so what should i charge. the full day for the little one plus afterschool money or as if the kids were on holiday and with me for 8.5 hours each.

worked out my fees and the price would be 37.25 for school day fees and 72.25 for a holiday day

im tempted to charge the lower rate for this family just purely because they will be a large income, and as im not working the lower rate seems fairer

hope u guys understand what im on about, lol and thanks in advance

leanne
xx

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi Leanne

I do not class a bank holiday like a school day or school holiday day

I charge the same rates also on school days and school holidays if it is a full day or just charge for the hours - it depends

I class a bank holiday as a bank holiday and MY holiday so if I do want to work it then I charge £2 more an hour than my normal fees

If this family are going to be coming the whole day then they would still have to pay for each child

If I have a family I would more than likely offer them some sort of discount but not a lot

But remember if the parent gets paid tax credit they get a lot off their childcare paid for them anyway so why should you miss out

Hope that helps and I hope I understood the question ?

Angel xx

berkschick
15-01-2008, 09:18 AM
I would still charge whatever was due that day.

The parents are more than likely still being paid and like Angel says, the tax credit would still be coming in so the money is rightfully yours!

Maybe give a discount if it makes you feel better but it might confuse things.

But then I am a mean person haha

Love

Debbie

LittleMissSparkles
15-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I charge normal fees if the bank holiday is a day that the child usually comes to me otherwise i do not charge parents for BH's

If I am asked to work BH's I charge double fee's to try put parents off !

xxx

manjay
15-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I would still charge whatever was due that day.

The parents are more than likely still being paid and like Angel says, the tax credit would still be coming in so the money is rightfully yours!

Maybe give a discount if it makes you feel better but it might confuse things.

But then I am a mean person haha

Love

Debbie

Not mean Debbie! Just running a business!

amanda xx

Raggydolls
15-01-2008, 11:11 AM
ok so for example this next march BH, normally its a school day so charge that price, but as for the BH in august its a school holiday so charge at the higher price. i will not be working on BH but will still charge them the appropriate rates, but if they did want me to work i would make the hourly rate higher.

honestly i couldnt see the wood for the trees, my poor head was in such a spin trying to work out fees,

thanks for the help guys

leanne
xx

Tily Bud
15-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I dont work bank holidays but charge the normal daily rate for any child that would have been here that day x so therefore i would charge the lower amount x

buildingblocks
15-01-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't work bank holidays so I don't charge (although I seem to think in the NCMA handbook they say you do charge). Personally I don't want to work (but it is not included in my holiday days quota but extra if that makes sense) and I have parents who would send their children to me

son77
15-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I charge half for all bank hols, so whatever fee was due that day it would be halved.

gailee
16-01-2008, 11:15 AM
i charge full day rate for bank holidays including good friday i don't work them (we have to have some perks to this job) if it falls on there contracted days gail

Rubybubbles
16-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't work bank holidays so I don't charge (although I seem to think in the NCMA handbook they say you do charge). Personally I don't want to work (but it is not included in my holiday days quota but extra if that makes sense) and I have parents who would send their children to me

this is what I do, it's the only days apart from the w/ends I get with my own two!

Banana
17-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I dont charge for bank holidays.

I dont work them unless the parent needs me in which case I charge double fees. But its a holiday so I dont really want to work them anyways!

x

miffy
17-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't work bank holidays but if a bank holiday falls on a contracted day then I charge whatever rate the parent would normally have paid - full day or before/after school iyswim

Miffy xxx

mum2two
20-01-2008, 09:29 AM
I've stated in my policies & on the contract that I charge half fee for bank holidays, unless the children are to come to me when full fees would be due. I've said each abnk holiday wil be charged differently depending on whether it falls in term time or hols. I charge whatever the child would be with me if it wasn't a BH. iykwim...?

Hope that makes some kind of sense! :p

Kelly

Raggydolls
20-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Its all good, ive got my head around it all now.

thanks for the replies everyone :-D

leanne
xx