PDA

View Full Version : What do I do with 265 conkers

singlewiththree
28-09-2008, 07:27 PM
While doing a carboot this morning there was a conker tree. My daughter with help from the owner of the stall below the conker tree decided to collect as many as she could. 265 conkers later and she was trying to sell them for 10p a go on the stall!

What do I do with all these conkers :laughing:

PaulaW

Blaze
28-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Aww bless her!

Make a table decoration using conkers, bark, fir cones, dried leaves ...will count towards her hostess badge if she's a guide

or more work oriantated....

http://www.silkysteps.com/family.cfm/auid/357/Omni-Orangutan/All-Omnis-Activity-Packs/Autumn-and-Fall-Conkers

:thumbsup:

bubbly
28-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Paula, I have the same problem with my son :laughing:

Pipsqueak
28-09-2008, 08:02 PM
you could send some to me - we went out conker hunting the other day at the local park and the park keepers have de-conkered the trees and ground because they don't "want the mess and kids throwing sticks into the trees" (health and safety don't you know):mad:

Twinkles
28-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Have 132.5 conker fights :thumbsup:

ajs
28-09-2008, 08:36 PM
oh no the children might hurt themselves:laughing:

Pauline
28-09-2008, 08:38 PM
You could try to keep 265 spiders at bay but it won't work :D

Cazz
28-09-2008, 08:40 PM

???? You've lost me (but it doesn't take much!)

Carole x

Pauline
28-09-2008, 08:42 PM
???? You've lost me (but it doesn't take much!)

Carole x

You need to see this thread:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16867

:D

miffy
I am jealous there are no conker trees near me - lots of sweet chestnuts but no horse chestnuts.

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
you could send some to me - we went out conker hunting the other day at the local park and the park keepers have de-conkered the trees and ground because they don't "want the mess and kids throwing sticks into the trees" (health and safety don't you know):mad:

seems the same around here :mad:

I know the lady next door but one so we raided her garden as she has one:laughing: even made the kids put the 'shell' in the green bin! but we only got about 10 in total, not yet falling!

Cazz
28-09-2008, 08:48 PM
You need to see this thread:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16867

:D

Thanks! :thumbsup: I'm following you now, that's trouble when you can't get on here for a couple of days, it's impossible to catch up!

When you said you need to see this thread I thought it was going to be something to do with Angel!!

Carole x

Pauline
28-09-2008, 08:50 PM
When you said you need to see this thread I thought it was going to be something to do with Angel!!

Carole x

Well, I know she's a nut but..........:laughing::laughing:

Cazz
28-09-2008, 08:55 PM

:laughing: :laughing: Ah bless her - I was thinking more of the part about spiders!

Carole x

Rubybubbles
28-09-2008, 08:58 PM

haha Pauline you are shocking tonight:laughing: I want what you've had:thumbsup:

well maybe not:eek: just thought about what I said:p

Twinkles
28-09-2008, 10:08 PM
It must be the lollypops :rolleyes:

angeldelight
29-09-2008, 06:33 AM
:laughing: :laughing: Ah bless her - I was thinking more of the part about spiders!

Carole x

Thanks both !!

Yeah I am def conkers or bonkers or both ha

I dont mind spiders - about the only thing I am NOT scared of ha

I Like all the conkers ha my kids used to collect loads - watch when they start to go mouldy ha

Angel xx

emmadines
29-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Paula, I have the same problem with my son :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: youve got enough conkers to start your own forest growing lol

Paula - how about conker knecklaces lol you could dip them paint and have coloured beeds lol:laughing:

Cazz
29-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks both !!

Yeah I am def conkers or bonkers or both ha

I dont mind spiders - about the only thing I am NOT scared of ha

I Like all the conkers ha my kids used to collect loads - watch when they start to go mouldy ha

Angel xx

Wasn't it you that once woke up with spider legs on your pillow? (Or am having a dementia moment?). That would give me a phobia about them!

Carole x

jellytot
29-09-2008, 09:39 PM

doesnt it work? i was goin to try it

angeldelight
29-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Wasn't it you that once woke up with spider legs on your pillow? (Or am having a dementia moment?). That would give me a phobia about them!

Carole x

Oh that

I remember now what you are talking about

I woke in the morning to find a spiders leg on my pillow right by my mouth

Yuk yuk yuk

Angel xx

singlewiththree
18-10-2008, 01:54 PM
What did happen to the 265 conkers.

Well, they went to my daughters school who have an ECO club and they have put some in a jar and are charging the children 10p a go to guess how many are in the jar as part of the fundraising for their new veg garden. The rest are being shared out amongst the school for conker day! whatever that is I'm assuming they get the change to have conker challengers on one day and not on others, first year at this school so who knows :laughing:

Thank you for all the suggestions
Paula