PDA

View Full Version : What are they called?

MissTinkerbell
28-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Went on the Jabadao course (all about developmental movement play) and we were talking about those big plastic bowl things that children can sit in and spin around in. I can't remember what they are called - does anyone know?

I've looked through my Early Years Hope Catalogue but can't find one in there and at the moment all the education supplier sites are down so I can't even search online.

Any help is appreciated.

miffy
28-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I know exactly what you mean Melanie but I don't know what they're called either

It will bug me now so I hope someone else knows!

Miffy xx

Reeta
28-09-2008, 01:26 PM
It could be the bilibo. May be ?

http://www.educationaltoys.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=2&gclid=CN6spKbK_pUCFQyI1QodJhzgEw

xxx

Twinkles
28-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Oh cool , I want one..... er.....for the kids of course :D

Pauline
28-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I don't know what they are called either but someone told me you can get them in Ikea!

MissTinkerbell
28-09-2008, 01:54 PM
The bilibo looks similar but I'm sure they looked just like a big bowl rather than shaped. Someone also told me they had them in Ikea but I can't find them on their site and my nearest Ikea is an hour away.

Gherkin
28-09-2008, 02:38 PM
I was on the same course as you...!

Remember a couple of people talking about the bilibos and also about some really big spinning top type thing too that Annie says they have in the Early YEars Teams office. Not sure of its official name though.

MissTinkerbell
28-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Claire

I've searched Google for every name possible!!! Jabadao sell them but they're £50 in their cataloge and I know I've seen them in one of the education suppliers - I wanted to order one for the outdoor play area but all the education sites are 'experiencing problems'.

The bilibo is too small for my over-8s so thought that the big thing would suit them all. Will have to carry on searching!

Denise r
14-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi I think it is called a Gonge top, I ordered mine from Adventure Toys on the internet in May 2008 but looked a minute ago and couldn't find it on their website. I did do a goggle search and there are other suppliers. I find it is popular with all ages from my 1.5 year old daughter to my mindees who are 2.5year olds and my 10 year old daughter. It is a bowl shape with a rounded top and has rolled sides to prevent fingers being squashed, my eldest daughter likes to roll around in it while other kids just like to rock. A good toy just bulky to store, I would reccommend it.

Hope you find it

Denise