PDA

View Full Version : phew!!! start up costs!!!

kindredspirits
27-09-2008, 04:34 PM
:eek: I officially start 'full time' next week - i've been doing one boy after school one day a week, but next week i start a different boy after school every day, if that makes sense. I added up all my receipts for start up costs last week and i've already got £480 odd pounds of odds and sods, first aid etc... i've just ordered £50 worth of toys/games from grattan and £200(!!) from littlewoods!!!! its scary how much things cost these days, but i thought i've got to have some more stuff for the older children as my LO's only 18 months!! so i've got amongst other stuff guess who, hot wheels cars, hungry hippos, a bigger slide, a tigger version of buccarro, a mini scaletrix with 'minis'. ... that should keep them amused!! :eek:

LittleStars
27-09-2008, 04:55 PM
It was like that for me for the first couple of months. I found I ended up spending as much as I was making. Its not long before you have everything you need though and you don't spend so much :-) (well thats the theory anyway lol!!)

Why not go to the carboots to get bits...much cheaper than new and you won't worry about them wrecking it then either.

LS x

sarah707
27-09-2008, 06:30 PM
It's lovely to have new things... but I get most of my toys second hand.

I don't worry so much about them getting wrecked. :D

kindredspirits
27-09-2008, 06:35 PM
when i actually start earning real money i'll be hitting ebay and carboots - but at the minute its all on buy now pay next year!! :rolleyes: