PDA

View Full Version : Ohh I love carboots....

LittleStars
27-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Just been to a carboot sale this morning and got a brand new play parachute for £2.......

I also got the biggest pile of Gap, Next, Rocha, Boden, Quiksilver and ted baker clothes in 5-8yrs for my two boys for 20p each!!

A baby bjorn carrier for £1 (for baby mindee)

A 18-36m grobag for 50p (mindee 1 still uses one)

3 pairs of jeans for me for 50p each

and best of all a double buggy to keep in the car for £5....!!!!

That was worth getting out of bed for!

sue m
27-09-2008, 12:52 PM
You lucky thing! Our local car boot has a load of tut. I did buy a nice high chair once but that's all. Certainly was worth getting out of bed for. Well done you. :clapping:

samd35
27-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Bargain! I use to live in Ruislip and work in Ealing. I always got a good bargain at the boot sales around your area.

x

Rubybubbles
27-09-2008, 01:07 PM
whoa well done hun:clapping:

I've not been to a car boat in years:eek: :idea:

Alibali
27-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow what a great day you've had. Well done.

emler
27-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Fab bargains - well done you :thumbsup:

sarah707
27-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I might get up early and go to one tomorrow! You've inspired me now :D

singlewiththree
27-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Im getting up early tomorrow to do one! Not really sure I'm looking forward to it but have loads of stuff to clear out before I'm a childminder. Garden stuff as well as house stuff and thought it might be a good idea.

I usually make a loss though! As I have to take the 3 children and they all want spending money to buy stuff, then they see what I'm selling and want the money for the item I sold and then I have to pay the fee for selling :(

PaulaW

Monkey1
27-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Me too!!!:thumbsup:

singlewiththree
27-09-2008, 03:16 PM
I prefer to sell through the NCT sales but our local one is when I'm at a wedding! I've emailed all the ones in other branches in the hope I can register with them as its a target audience for child stuff. Again though I have to be strict there is just too much good stuff going cheap! :panic:

Paula W

Nicki L
27-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Im getting up early tomorrow to do one! Not really sure I'm looking forward to it but have loads of stuff to clear out before I'm a childminder. Garden stuff as well as house stuff and thought it might be a good idea.

I usually make a loss though! As I have to take the 3 children and they all want spending money to buy stuff, then they see what I'm selling and want the money for the item I sold and then I have to pay the fee for selling :(

PaulaW

I am supposed to be doing one tomorrow too - although DH is not happy bout it as he wanted to do something else - will see who wins this one!!!!

miffy
27-09-2008, 04:15 PM
You certainly did get some great bargains - well done

Miffy xx

LisaH
27-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Bargains galore there!!!

i really should go to our local booty tomorrow, i want a dolls house!!
Don't like getting up early on a sunday tho!! Lol

Nettynoo
27-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Well done you!!!
The best bargains I ever saw at a carboot was when I did one myself!!! All my stuff looked far nicer than anyone elses but I still kept falling for all of the sob stories and selling below my decided prices!! Ended up making up a Moses basket, blankets and all, for a young couple expecting their first baby and didn't know how to do it!!!!!