PDA

View Full Version : this is prob gonna sound silly but.....

emmadines
27-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Ive got ofsted comming monday afternoon. I was thinking about making bread during the day whilst the kids are at school and when ofsted are here letting them make it into rolls or platting it etc then cooking it.

as well as bread what else could I do I only have them 3-6 and I want to keep them reasonably settled and controlled (if thats actually possible.)

do you think thats a good way to do it or not? I thought it would be a good way to tie in harest vestival??????????

emmadines
27-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Ive got ofsted comming monday afternoon. I was thinking about making bread during the day whilst the kids are at school and when ofsted are here letting them make it into rolls or platting it etc then cooking it.

as well as bread what else could I do I only have them 3-6 and I want to keep them reasonably settled and controlled (if thats actually possible.)

do you think thats a good way to do it or not? I thought it would be a good way to tie in harest vestival??????????

or should i do a different activity????? this is my 1st inspection and im wqorried about not getting it right!:(

bubbles
27-09-2008, 12:45 PM
How old are the children you mind?

I think the bread idea is a good one. As i wasn't sure what time the inspectors were coming to me, i planned to make pizzas with the after schoolers if they were there then. I was linking to harvest festival as they were learning about this in school so showed i was following on from what they had been learning there! Good browny points with inspector. :) The inspectors ended up coming in the afternoon when i only had a 2 year old tho and he was more interested in showing them all of my toys that doing the activities i had planned!

You know the children you look after so just plan an activitiy that you know will occupy them and that won't stress you out too much because if the inspectors are anything like mine, they will talk to you quite a lot! Good luck with it all. :)

Rubybubbles
27-09-2008, 12:59 PM
good idea, but remember ofsted are there to see how you are with the children and not necessary the 'activity at the time (although it will help)'

When ofsted came to me it was over the christmas period, and they had been free playing and when things started to get a bit rowdy I 'ta daaad' some crafty christmas stuff for them to do and ofsted liek this point that I didn't force them to play with anything but knew when to 'interven'

Hope that makes sense, adn good luck for monday hun

OrlandoBelle
27-09-2008, 01:10 PM
I think the bread is an excellent idea. You could maybe make hedgehog rolls using raisins for eyes, and with autumn around the corner, you could teach them all about hibernation and the different animals that hibernate through winter.

I have my inspection the day after yours. Good luck!

x

crazybones
27-09-2008, 01:27 PM
good idea, but remember ofsted are there to see how you are with the children and not necessary the 'activity at the time (although it will help)'

When ofsted came to me it was over the christmas period, and they had been free playing and when things started to get a bit rowdy I 'ta daaad' some crafty christmas stuff for them to do and ofsted liek this point that I didn't force them to play with anything but knew when to 'interven'

Hope that makes sense, adn good luck for monday hun

I agree. I wouldnt try and do anything ambitious that you havent tried before as you might get flustered if it doesnt go to plan. I had an Easter craft that we were halfway through and when the children started to get silly thinking my attention was elsewhere so they could tip every toy box out, I suggested doing a bit more work on their Easter Hats. It all went smoothly because they knew what they were doing and it wasnt something different where I would have to start explaining rules etc.

Good Luck.

Nicki L
27-09-2008, 04:19 PM
I had my inspection in august - i didnt plan anything. They played with what they wanted and i joined in with them.

Good Luck

miffy
27-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I had my inspection in august - i didnt plan anything. They played with what they wanted and i joined in with them.

Good Luck

You beat me to it Nicki - that's exactly what I did too

The bread idea is lovely though

Good luck with your inspection

Miffy xx

LisaH
27-09-2008, 04:24 PM
good luck to you both, I'm sure you'll be fine whatever you decide to do.:)

manjay
27-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure on this one. I have resigned myself to the fact that as my inspection will be unannounced I will have to go with the flow so to speak. I can't possibly have an activity on the go all the time

Good luck for tomorrow. Keep us posted

miffy
27-09-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure on this one. I have resigned myself to the fact that as my inspection will be unannounced I will have to go with the flow so to speak. I can't possibly have an activity on the go all the time

Good luck for tomorrow. Keep us posted

But you could have one you've made earlier ready just in case - don't think it really matters though the inspectors just want to see your interaction with the children

Miffy xx

manjay
27-09-2008, 04:49 PM
But you could have one you've made earlier ready just in case - don't think it really matters though the inspectors just want to see your interaction with the children

Miffy xx

I have my standby activities ready and raring to go depending on when she arrives:laughing:

miffy
27-09-2008, 04:51 PM
I have my standby activities ready and raring to go depending on when she arrives:laughing:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

emmadines
27-09-2008, 05:55 PM
the bread will be made already as I only have before and after schoolers so I wont have time to make the doe, allow it to rise then beat the hell out of it then allow it to rise again then for it be cooked. Ive only got time to allow the children to play with it/shape it and then cook it.

the only other thing I could do would be to then turn them into pizza for snack time.

Ive done leaves etc is there anything else I can possibly put towards harvest???