PDA

View Full Version : HOW do I register an assistant?

Jules27
27-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Ok probably being totally thick but how do I register my hubby as my assistant? Its basically so he can help with one or two things.... he is not changing career!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Is the 1st step to ring Ofsted? will that mean another inspection? what happens?? please someone help! also how long does the process take?:blush:

crazybones
27-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Lots of stuff on assistants here:thumbsup:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Chatterbox Childcare
27-09-2008, 08:15 AM
If he has had his CRB check done you just need to contact Ofsted for a letter stating that he is acceptable to work with children under the early years register

If he hasn't had the CRB you need to complete an CM2 form (this has been superceded now and I think it is EY1) and the process is started

Doesn't take long

Jules27
27-09-2008, 08:34 AM
If he has had his CRB check done you just need to contact Ofsted for a letter stating that he is acceptable to work with children under the early years register

If he hasn't had the CRB you need to complete an CM2 form (this has been superceded now and I think it is EY1) and the process is started

Doesn't take long

CRB is done. Sorry confused about the letter to Ofsted bit. Does he need a reference from someone to say he is ok to work with children? will there be an inspection? really confused!

LOOPYLISA
27-09-2008, 10:33 AM
All my hubby did was complete a cm2 form(think that was wat its called)?, and a crb check, hes keeping his job just helping out now and again! x