PDA

View Full Version : new child starting on wednesday!!!!

sarahstanbridge
26-09-2008, 07:37 PM
hi, at last i have had a some interest in my services. i have lost 2 girls this month to the school breakfast club. well on monday i was approached by a parent who was looking for childcare after school for her little boy. another childminder pointed her in my dirrection. then yesterday she asked if i could start next week with him. he is in dd class so thats handy. anyway she has just been round and done all the paperwork. looks like it might only be until half term to start with as in november her mum is visiting from africa so they will be spending as much time as possible with her. i am hoping that i will be so good that she wont want to use the afterschool club later in the year when then opens, he already goes into the breakfast club. even it only lasts a few weeks, i feel there is a light out there. hes a lovely little thing. very quite when he was here but i am sure that will change. now i need to go a dig out some of my more boyish toys. havent looked after a boy for about 4 years. i seem to have only had girls recently. what do 5 year old boys like to play with these days? im so excited!!!!

:clapping: :) :) :clapping:

sarahstanbridge
26-09-2008, 07:41 PM
oh , and they are interested in using my new babysitting service and were very impressed with my website.

Rubybubbles
26-09-2008, 07:47 PM
yeah well done hun

Jules27
26-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Well done you!!! 5 year old boys are a doddle... my son is almost 6. He is in to cars, lorrrys anything with wheels!!! Lego is in at the moment too... puzzles(when he will sit still for more than 2 minutes!!) K'nex, Computer games for example Wii, playstation. Outdoor play - trampoline, bats and balls, he even plays in the playhouse which he is really too big for!! Oh, baking cakes/biscuits (its not just for girls!!) and he still loves playdoh and arts and crafts!

Relax!!! have fun!!!:)

sarahstanbridge
26-09-2008, 07:51 PM
mum says no computer or video games. hes not alllowed at all!!

sarah

Jules27
26-09-2008, 08:00 PM
mum says no computer or video games. hes not alllowed at all!!

sarah

oh well!! theres plenty other things, lol!!! if you need any more ideas just ask!!!:laughing:

Jules27
26-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Even sitting down with a book/comic. Have you got any of the Usborne Puzzle Adventure books? they are good. Also the Usborne spotters guides covering various topics from bugs and butterflys, trees and weather. Great for mini projects/topic ideas!:)