PDA

View Full Version : Reg husband as assistant?????

Jules27
26-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Just had another thought on the family I saw today and will prob turn down as bit complicated.... UNLESS, what if I registered my hubby as my assistant-could he then drive them to school? He obviously is CRB checked, what would I do next? contact Ofsted? would he need to do the ICP? he already holds first aid and food hygiene. (to a much higher level than me!!!!) He is perfectly happy about being my assistant, but any info would be gratefully received as we had not even considered this arrangement before.:laughing:

brillminder
26-09-2008, 07:17 PM
you need to get parents permission to leave him in sole care to but quite easy & get car insurance cover good luck

allinatiz
27-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Hiya.

He wouldn't need to do the ICP but I'm pretty sure you need to write to Ofsted to have him added on to your certificate. I actually asked my inspector while she was here so not 100% sure if that's right.

Pauline
27-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Have a look in the 'Registered Assistants' section, there are loads of threads in there that will help you. :)

Nettynoo
27-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank you Jules27 for asking all the questions that I had been thinking about!!
I could really do with some help but I'm not sure I could work alongside my hubby all the time!! Drives me potty at the best of times!!
Good luck if you do go for it!!

Pauline
27-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Thank you Jules27 for asking all the questions that I had been thinking about!!
I could really do with some help but I'm not sure I could work alongside my hubby all the time!! Drives me potty at the best of times!!
Good luck if you do go for it!!

You've obviously not been looking in the right places: http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25 :laughing:

Best thing we ever did was to work together! But you do need to get on :D

Chatterbox Childcare
28-09-2008, 08:48 AM
If your husband has been CRB checked contact Ofsted and ask for a letter stating that he is okay to work with children under the Early Years Register.

If not CRB checked send an EY1 form (off the Ofsted website) to ofsted and get the ball rolling.

You need to get written permission from the parents saying that he can be left in sole charge

You need to get Public Liability insurance for him as an employee (even if he isn't paid)

Check with you car insurance so that he is covered under your childminding policy as sometimes they state named drivers as Class1.

Paula J
28-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi my husband is registered as well as my sister in law to leave them in sole charge you need written permission from parents and OFSTED insisted they both did a first aid course which makes sense Early Years paid for it but it took a couple of moths to get them on one Paula:)