PDA

View Full Version : Gonna have to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy Woo
26-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I have just found out for definate that come january my 1st mindee will be starting pre school for everymorning and all day thurs!!!!

Wots the problem i hear u say with that.............................................. ...

well the preschool he goes to is a 10mile round trip away from my house. I do one day a week at the mo and thats a pain really as my 2nd mindee arrives at 10am then we have to go otu at 1045am to fetch no 1 so we can do very little in that time and there is no way i can do this evryday!!!!:mad:

I am now very scared to talk to mum bout this as she is a scaryu woman!:panic: !!!!(she is the one that reduced me to tears wen george was poorly)

I have been told by another childminder to just Bloomin tell her and i no she is right but it is really gettin me down now!!!!!!!

How can mum expect me to do this everyday of the week?????

I ahte parents at times y cant it be more simple!!!!:angry:

He is gonna have to go isnt he!!!!!!

LisaH
26-09-2008, 05:30 PM
If I were you he would definately be going!! I'd never travel that far just for pre school.

If you do keep him on i would tell parent you will be forced to put up fees to cover increase in your travel costs!!

Gherkin
26-09-2008, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=Wendy Woo;236553]I have been told by another childminder to just Bloomin tell her and i no she is right but it is really gettin me down now!!!!!!!
QUOTE]

I totally agree with myself Wendy ..... my advice is still just Blooming tell her.

balloon
26-09-2008, 06:20 PM
It's not just the time hun, think of the cost of petrol, wear and tear on the car etc etc.

I think deep inside you know you can't keep this little one on because it will have a detrimental effect on the others in your care having to be forever to-ing and fro-ing from preschool.

I think if it were me I'd just say that I can't pick up from that preschool due to the time and distance involved and that you can recommend another minder (if you want to recommend of course)

Good luck, let us know what you decide/how it goes...

ruby
26-09-2008, 06:20 PM
i have to agree it is quite a distance just to do pre -school

sorry but you will have to tell her just hope she is not to unpleasent

cathy

LittleAcorns
26-09-2008, 06:38 PM
A 10 mile round trip is asking way too much for you to do, and to be honest if she reduced you to tears then you really are better off rid:angry:

We are all here for you, I'll come tell her if you like :D xx

crazybones
26-09-2008, 06:43 PM
A 10 mile round trip is asking way too much for you to do, and to be honest if she reduced you to tears then you really are better off rid:angry:

We are all here for you, I'll come tell her if you like :D xx

I am will be right beside you.

angeldelight
26-09-2008, 06:46 PM
You make the rules

It is your business

So you decide where you want to collect from

Any parent that reduces you to tears is not worth the bother

Be strong I know its hard but you will feel so much better once you have stood up to this parent

Be brief and just explain that you can not do it

Good luck we are all behind you

Angel xxx

Rubybubbles
26-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I do pick up's and drop off for my young parents and it's a real pita but I knew what the job would be like with them! it's a 23 mile round trip, 4 days a week (thats, there and back, there and back:laughing: )

But if you don't feel right and the parent has already upset you I would def say sorry can't do anymore

Wendy Woo
26-09-2008, 07:48 PM
OMG now im in tears again just reading all these:o
I no ur all right and im gonna do it on monday.
I will go on our local opportunity links dite and pull off any childminders in the village and give her that so at least she has got somewhere to start.

Thankyou so much everyone. Ur all lovely and sweet

I will keep u posted. No more stewin over weekend and just do it monday is wot i will do

Thank u again everyone x x x