PDA

View Full Version : Update on possible building project

Tatia
26-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Re: having window from dining room replaced with patio door and fencing off area for a dedicated playgroud

I have been advised to start collecting bids and have someone coming on Monday.:clapping: This company does a lot of work for local housing associations and the council so I think that'll look pretty good when I submit the paperwork for the grant to Surestart.

And best news of all is, having talked to salesperson on phone, he told me based on what I was saying, it would likely cost about £1500, which is less than I expected. I know that's not written in stone til he sees the job but I was guesstimating about £2000 so I'm pleased.

Now I just got to write up the grant, explaining why this is going to support the delivery of EYFS and children's learning opportunities.

sarah707
26-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Sounds like once you get going there's no stopping you! :D

crazybones
26-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Re: having window from dining room replaced with patio door and fencing off area for a dedicated playgroud

I have been advised to start collecting bids and have someone coming on Monday.:clapping: This company does a lot of work for local housing associations and the council so I think that'll look pretty good when I submit the paperwork for the grant to Surestart.

And best news of all is, having talked to salesperson on phone, he told me based on what I was saying, it would likely cost about £1500, which is less than I expected. I know that's not written in stone til he sees the job but I was guesstimating about £2000 so I'm pleased.

Now I just got to write up the grant, explaining why this is going to support the delivery of EYFS and children's learning opportunities.

Good luck. I have to write one up the same for a decked area around the playhouse and sandpit, with a gazebo style roof. Grant is for £300 and I have to say similar as to supporting outside play. I also want to cover the sandpit with the decking when not in use to make the area bigger. Hubby thinks I am aiming too high with what I can get for £300 and wants to know how much he has to add to it :laughing: :littleangel:

Tatia
26-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Hubby thinks I am aiming too high with what I can get for £300 and wants to know how much he has to add to it
Mine hasn't twigged yet that if this comes off, even if the building bit is thourgh grant money, that all the extras for making it a sensory expereince I have planned aren't.:littleangel: I'm not telling him either!