PDA

View Full Version : do these sound ok??

namtasha
14-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi every one would you experienced lot cast a wise eye over this for me pretty please, i have my first enquiry comming on fri and want to sound like i know what i am talking about!!

i want to charge £3.60 an hourv (local rate is between 3 and 4 )
but £160 for a full week
and £60 for before and after schoolers

holidays
mine no fee (max 4 weeks)
theirs full fee (unlimited)
bank hols i will be close but half fee

sick
if my lot no charge
if minded child full fee

school holidays - fees increase to full rate for before and after schoolers
so if hols taken in school hol time would i charge the higher rate or normaal rate?

term time only 20% retainer to keep place

does that sound ok???
thanks very much
sam x

Trouble
14-01-2008, 07:25 PM
the bank hols if you are not open dont charge or in theory you are open and i only charge 1/2 rate if their on holiday

fionamal
14-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Sounds ok to me.

The only thing I would change is the retainer to 50%.

namtasha
14-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Rascal,
do you charge when you have a holiday then though??
I just need to know how much i will be getting in as i need the wage for bills
good point about bank hols though thanks

Trouble
14-01-2008, 07:32 PM
no or if my kids are sick some people i know only charge if the parents are off long than 2 weeks:thumbsup:

namtasha
14-01-2008, 07:36 PM
my kids are at childminder at mo and she has screwed me big time!!! had to pay her for 3 weeks while her son had chilcken pox then mine got it so he wasnt there for 5 weeks and she got full pay check every week . still bitter!!

berkschick
14-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Sounds ok to me.

What are you going to class as a full week?

I have stuck to just £3.50 per hour flat rate. No reduction for full time or siblings but then I am cheaper than a lot of other minders round here anyway and it seemed more simple just to charge everyone one fee and just adjust it to the hours they attend.

I do the same as you plan to for the holidays and sickness. I charge full fee for bank hols if it is a contracted day but am prepared to work them if needs be.

Love

Debbie

namtasha
14-01-2008, 07:45 PM
mon - fri 8 till 6 would be a full week....god that sounds long when you write it down!!
starting to panic now!!

Trouble
14-01-2008, 07:47 PM
my kids are at childminder at mo and she has screwed me big time!!! had to pay her for 3 weeks while her son had chilcken pox then mine got it so he wasnt there for 5 weeks and she got full pay check every week . still bitter!!

if your child was there the 3 weeks her son has spots then yes i would of thought you would have to pay but i would of rung you and said it was optional if you didnt come i wouldnt of charged you as my son had spots does that make sense:eek: i would be mad to

manjay
14-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi every one would you experienced lot cast a wise eye over this for me pretty please, i have my first enquiry comming on fri and want to sound like i know what i am talking about!!

i want to charge £3.60 an hourv (local rate is between 3 and 4 )
I do £3.50
but £160 for a full week
and £60 for before and after schoolers
I just charge hourly as school offers a free breakfast club - minimum charge per day of 2 hours

holidays
mine no fee (max 4 weeks)
theirs full fee (unlimited)
I give 2 weeks half fee
bank hols i will be close but half fee
I don't work but charge full fee if bank holiday falls on a contracted day. If they want minding on that day it is at my discretion at an increased fee

sick
if my lot no charge
if minded child full fee

school holidays - fees increase to full rate for before and after schoolers
so if hols taken in school hol time would i charge the higher rate or normaal rate?

term time only 20% retainer to keep place
would definitely do 50% for this one

does that sound ok???
thanks very much
sam x

This is just what I do to give you a comparison

amanda xx

Trouble
14-01-2008, 08:06 PM
sounds good manjay

ruby
14-01-2008, 09:40 PM
namtasha

i think i would have been bitter as well having to pay full fee

if it was us we would not have charged if it was say our child who had chicken pox and were not able to have your children and then only 1/2 fee when you son had chicken pox

cathy and rachel