PDA

View Full Version : named tshirts

Wendy Woo
26-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Do any of u wear tshirts with ur name of bussiness on.

i think its a really good idea as it means u dont have to use ur own clothes and get them messed up.

My hubby has got someone who is stitching my name and logo onto some but no one around here wears them and i no i shouldnt but i feel a bit funny wearin them.

Was just wondering if peolpe do use them or am i bein a sap!!!!!

Annie_T
26-09-2008, 10:38 AM
i will once im minding, i dont want paint etc on my normal clothes and not being able washing them out lol

there is a man cm bout 1mile away and his wife and him wear fleece's with bussiness name and number on them also their van is logo'ed up too

'daddy day care' they are called and he is full to the brim, i was on icp course with his wife hehe

i think its nice and soemone can approach you if they been told bout you but dont know who you are if were in normal clothes

Jules27
26-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I've just ordered a t shirt via vista print, liking the sound of a fleece though.. esp with winter coming, might look into that one!!!! Plus I do have a bag which I bought from brillminder.:)

sarah707
26-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I have shirts and my bag has my logo... I'm looking into fleeces and getting something on my winter coat.

it's good advertising... you will probably start a trend :D

LOOPYLISA
26-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Yes i will be, hubby keeps asking if ive thought of a name for the buisness yet as he can.t wait to go and get them printed! x:D

sue m
26-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I ordered a tee shirt from Vista Print and foolishly got extra large. It's HUGE!!!!!! Gone in the back of a cupboard. :D

Angela234
26-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I ordered a named t shirt and long sleeve top of the internet 2 years ago much too big thrown them away now. I would never know what size to order otherwise i would order and wear.

Angela

DudleyChildmind
26-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I've just started wearing printed t.shirts this week and I ordered them from here http://www.absembroidery.co.uk/Cat/polo.htm (http://www.absembroidery.co.uk/Cat/polo.htm) :thumbsup:

balloon
26-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I've got a bright red fleece with my 'company' name embroidered on it which I will wear when it gets cold. Bought it from a local embroidery/logos firm for 15 pounds to include the fleece which I thought was pretty good, try looking under your yellow pages for embroidery companies in your area to check prices.

LisaH
26-09-2008, 05:21 PM
I've just ordered one from vista print too. Will only wear it if its nice tho!!:)

brillminder
26-09-2008, 07:21 PM
lots of minders in my artea have the sweat shirts, t shirts with logos and names ( some real bright & some very low key ) and now added my bags as well . Fab advertising.

samd35
27-09-2008, 01:10 PM
My t-shirts are green with yellow writing on, they are great advertising and also great when I'm out and about with the children.
I have t-shirts to for the children, when we are on a day trip they were them and its a form of safety, I can easily spot them when they are running around.

Quite few childminders in my area have them.

xx

singlewiththree
27-09-2008, 02:47 PM
A couple of childminders with assistants where they around here but to be honest the non-wearing childminders roll their eyes at them and see them as different because of it.

I actuallythink its a good idea as then you dont mess your clothes and I dont have to iron my "nice" clothes to look good for work. Would probably still wear my jeans though, have some cheap ones from tesco for £6 that I wear when we do messy stuff. I'm just considering it at the moment as I probably wont see much of the other childminders as I go to different toddler groups.

Paula W

jellytot
27-09-2008, 02:53 PM
i got mine from vista print, wasnt too impressed with quality but when i did where it other minders i felt where laughing at me, they didn do it to my face but they made me feel silly. i had it on because my new mindee (baby) was slobbering all over me and i figured better to slobber on that than my own stuff. not wore it since as they did make me feel silly, hubby said they were just jellous, mindees parents were impressed.

sarah707
27-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree with your hubby claire...

They're jealous because they dont have the imagination to think about doing it!

DudleyChildmind
27-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I agree with your hubby claire...

They're jealous because they dont have the imagination to think about doing it!

I agree with that too :thumbsup:

patevans
27-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I made my own and must admit they looked fab but...i never wore them because i thought id look silly!!!

Nettynoo
27-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I still haven't designed my logo yet but I will definitely be getting some tshirts printed up for myself and for the children when we go out on trips etc.
I have started wearing high vis jackets on the school run and have been asked if we are a 'walking bus', a police lady or a lollipop lady!!!!!
Several people have asked why we are wearing them and when told that it's to make sure that I can see all six of my children (including my own two)in the playground at all times they say what a brilliant idea. A fireman father in the playground said that if he needed a childminder he would place his son with me as I obviously put the childrens safety and security high on my agenda!!
So basically, don't worry what you think people are saying about you!! You won't be the one searching high and low for a child who is out of sight and I guarantee that people will approach you positively and enquire about your services!!!!

patevans
28-09-2008, 08:40 AM
We wear hi vis vests and was going to put my details on but they have ikea written on ther backs!!