PDA

View Full Version : Why do parents do that?

Polly2
26-09-2008, 07:54 AM
We changed our car the other day - just went up a few years nothing fantastic

Anyway parent comes in "Oh my partner says I should go into cm if you can afford cars like that!"

Trying to make out we have loads of money and ours is such a well paid job Ha! (my hubby is a gardener - I get paid more than him lol!)

It just miffed me off this morning

Going to give her her invoice tonight with a big smile :D

Pipsqueak
26-09-2008, 07:56 AM
None of their blooming business!!!:angry: I suppose its because we aren't supposed to spend our hard earned money on ourselves:rolleyes:

angeldelight
26-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah that sort of comment always annoys me too

What gets me is we would not question how they spent their money

Enjoy your car Holly and tell her you are putting your fees up to help pay for it :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Annie_T
26-09-2008, 10:39 AM
oh so we not allowed to treat our self's then ?? ... lol some people

bubbly
26-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Cheeky beggars! Another prime example of tactlessness.

Blaze
26-09-2008, 11:09 AM
:angry: Comments like that really irritate me...I can never resist a smart:censored: response though!:rolleyes: :D

katickles
26-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Comments like that really get my goat aswell & considering most parents earn more than double what they pay us per hour & we need to spend on all resources & so much more!! :mad:

kindredspirits
26-09-2008, 11:30 AM
i'd just reply with 'well its half of minimum wage per hour' so it can't be that great!!! grrr, like everyone else said, none of their business!!

singlewiththree
26-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I get that all the time as a single mum, if I take my girls out for a treat day I get oh we havent been there for so long its really expensive :rolleyes: I'm not allowed to save and treat myself or the children. My sister is the worst at the moment because she sees parcels arriving at my house for christmas and says oh how nice that I'm a single mum and can afford all that :angry: when its actually all on the credit card so I can pay it off slowly and its all for christmas its not as if I'm just buying for the sake of it.

They should think before they speak!

Heaven Scent
26-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm sure the boot would be on the other foot if you had an old banger and kept breaking down when you were supposed to be collecting their children. We need reasonably reliable cars. I'll be in line for those complaints in the next few years as I can't see myself being able to replace my people carrier for years and years to come - its an '03 bought from new but I'll only be able to upgrade it by a year or two when it come to it.

Rubybubbles
26-09-2008, 12:06 PM
:angry: this really bugs me!! I would love to show them just how much we spend on food, fuel!, resources as well as all the time, planning, obs, crafting wiping noses, changing bums lol

getting up early to make sure nothing is around that's small:blush: gogo's this morning hehe

:panic:

HOpe your okay

LOOPYLISA
26-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Makes me so cross wish they would mind there own b****y buisness:angry:

Polly2
26-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I get on really well with this parent - I just think its one of those thoughtless comments people make that puts you down sometimes!

Mindee made me laugh - he said "Holly have you painted your car?" (its same car just a newer model and different colour)

Its fab though coz now I have 3 proper seat belts in back (no lap belt) much easier!

Someone else asked me in toddler group this morning how much I charge and I found myself being apologetic and explaining about outgoings and expenses. Felt really silly after but its just how I felt after comment this morning :rolleyes:

LisaH
26-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Mmmm I seem to spend a lot of time justifying my fees and what i spend them on!! Ridiculous really because its nobodies business but your own!!!:mad: