PDA

View Full Version : babysitting help please

sarahstanbridge
25-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi, i have been asked to babysit one of my mindies in october for a couple of evenings. my question is to those that do babysitting. do you have a contract of some sort of form for parents to sign. ie what sort of paperwork do you have?

i am insured with MM and this is what they say about babysitting....

Am I covered if I provide babysitting Services?
Yes, you are covered to mind up to six children in their own home at any one time, providing you comply with the following policy conditions:

you must have a note of the parent’s contact details
you must visit the home(s) where you are to babysit beforehand, identify any associated risks, advise the parent of any such risks in writing and take/recommend any appropriate action;
you must obtain the medical details and permissions for emergency treatment in respect of each child to be looked after;
you must obtain the parent’s signature confirming the above information.

thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

sarah:)

sarah707
25-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Parents are going to love you turning up with pen and paper to make risk assessments of their house! :laughing:

Sounds fair enough though I suppose, if you're insured to do the job then you must spot the risks.

Dd babysat for a family the other day and their spare bedroom didn't have any floorboards... I suppose you have to watch out for things like that :laughing:

She charges £4 to £5 an hour btw and is 15 :D