PDA

View Full Version : First Minded Baby

donnagwynne
14-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I have been minding since June 07 and have so far never had any mindees younger than my daughter who is 2 years 8 months. Had a call today from a parent of a 6 month old baby and they are coming round on Friday to see me.

If anyone could 'refresh' me regarding extra things I need to do for a baby I would be really grateful. I have a risk assessment which should cover most things that I need to check up on, but I am worried that I will probably miss some really obvious things.

Any reminders please?????????

Blaze
14-01-2008, 04:47 PM
You need to make sure you sterilise things & that toys are suitable for under ones...! Also if you have one a curved pillow is cate for propping them, so they can be involved/watch activities. Personally I love this age group!
Tasha:)

fionamal
14-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Make sure you have a teething ring in the freezer ready for them.

I love that age as everything is such a challenge for them and they take everything in thats going on around them.

My 6monther is now 19 months, how time flies.

Ive loved every minute of having her for the couple of hours each day.

angeldelight
14-01-2008, 05:15 PM
I think most things are common sense and you will remember it all if you get to mind the baby
Things will just come back to you

On Friday just have a few toys out for baby
Ask mom what baby likes etc take the lead from her

Do not forget to mention that they must provide nappies / cream/ wipes / food every day ( well if that is what you want them to do )

Good luck Friday hope it goes well

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Angela234
14-01-2008, 05:58 PM
I get mums to supply food for babies up to about 12months or untill they will eat same as the others.
I have different colour bedding for each child for the cot.
I also buy a new drinking beaker for each baby/toddler
Ialso do a 10 - 15 mins sleep checks and record i have a kitchen timer i set so i don't forget or get too engrossed with the other children.

It is a lovely age they are so enjoyable

Good luck with it

Angela

chubbymummy
14-01-2008, 10:12 PM
as above

just want to wish you all the best

charleyfarley
14-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Great advice from everyone

Good luck and hopefully contract is in the bag.

Carol xx

deeb66
14-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Good luck...Hope it all works out for you

sutherland
14-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Aaaahhh babies are sooooo lovely, good luck for Friday, I am sure it will all come flooding back.

Michelle

sarah707
15-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Have fun! :D

Banana
15-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Hope all goes well for you!!!

Keep us posted!

x

donnagwynne
15-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks everyone, I am really nervous about a baby. Although my house is obviously child friendly it isn't very baby friendly at the moment. I am going to have to lmove a few things around to make sure that baby has plenty of space, coffee table will have to go and I will have to make room for the travel cot downstairs as I prefer for us all to be on the same level if possible.

Thanks for the idea about the pillow, I couldn't remember what I used between the bouncy chair and sitting unaided, that is a good idea, the curved ones are quite firm too, and I think I may have a baby nest somewhere too.

Donna

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
15-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Good luck for Friday don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Lorraine xx

Mollymop
15-01-2008, 02:04 PM
I haven't much to say except, good luck for Friday I hope everything goes ok for you. XX