PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

murphy61
25-09-2008, 12:57 PM
HI

parent visiting later amd of course she would like to know what sort of activities i can provide for her children, during school holidays as wont have them that much before/ after school.

they are 10 and 13 does anyone have any ideas .

thanks jo

Jules27
25-09-2008, 01:24 PM
No experiece as yet with this age group but am guessing things like computer games, such as play station, DS, Wii or simialar if you have one, craft activities would still be relevant, just prob different things to the little ones, crosswords/wordsearch type things if interested???, i have a wide selection of books in case I get any older children who may like to sit with a good book, tbh, I would ask the parent and children WHAT their interests are and be led by them. Most of all, don't panic about it hun!! Don'r forget outdoor play still.. trips to park/local farms/library/museum/swimming/foot ball in the garden, bats and balls, keep it simple really!!:)

Good luck!!

Chatterbox Childcare
25-09-2008, 01:40 PM
These ages will love playing with the younger children but you need more

i.e. outdoor play, football, tennis, frisbee, park, bike riding

soft play if raining or cold

crafts - hama beads, gluing, making cards etc..

Dress Up (girls love this) and making dens

13 year old boys love the playstation and ds but restricted time

Cookery

to name a few..

roseybev
25-09-2008, 11:12 PM
i live in a new estate and some of the kids live there 2 i have a plan of the streets and the parents sign the back of them to allow them out to play in the street i needed to high light the places there are allow to go.when i have the older ones i make a point of going out once a week to the pitcures or large playcentres for older ones .if staying in cooking painting and playstation for a small time but ask them