PDA

View Full Version : Should i give up?

Minnie mouse
25-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone, ive been on maternity leave for a long time, returned to childminding and been hit with the EYFS. I havent had anyone tell me what i should be doing or anything. theres so much paperwork around for planning, observations,policies my head is spinning, i have no idea how to fill any of them in. I am on the EYFS introduction course next week and im hoping that explains alot for me otherwise my mind is totally boggled and i dont think i can do this its so confusing. I feel like i need the brains of a brain surgeon lol.:panic:
x

LOOPYLISA
25-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Your not the only one feeling like this hun i am too im not even minding yet, i dread my inspection especially when you hear there are 2 of them, i can.t really give you much advice except maybe it will become clearer when you go on the course, good luck keep us informed x

murphy61
25-09-2008, 12:49 PM
im a new minder and finding it difficult to get my head around it i did an introduction course but it didn't help me much i found the info on here as helped me more (and i've found that there's more i need to do thanks to the girls on here otherwise i wouldn't of had a clue and would look rather stupid when i have my 1st inspection) but it depends some areas seem to have had courses that have been informative.

hope your course helps and i'm sure you'll get there with the paperwork that's what i keep telling myself.

Monkey1
25-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I have been minding for years and i'm still trying to get my head round it all! Have a look at SarahNev's stuff babe. she has a fantastic way of putting into english even i can understand!:D

Chatterbox Childcare
25-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I have been minding for a while now and am still getting to grips with it.

I think is is over stated and that we are all worrying about our grades dropping.

If you did birth-3 it is just the same with more ages to consider. Planning and observing is what we have been doing for the last 3 years.

Don't let it worry you too much. Speak to your Development Officer after the course for more information.

Don't give up - it is a great job with so many rewards

Minnie mouse
25-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks for your replys, hopefully once the course has been and gone imight know what im supposed to be doing. monkey who is sarahnev? lol Bev i did the birth-three course but dont remember doing planning or observations. its been along time. I must try find a sample copy of an observation x

Monkey1
25-09-2008, 04:14 PM
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=4

Sarah Has some fab books for sale. I have all the ones related to eyfs and they have made my life tons easier!

miffy
25-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh don't give up - there's lots of us who are still working our way through it all

You'll get lots of help and advice on here too (not from me though! :laughing: )

You are a rare person who doesn't know who Sarahnev is - she's really famous, you can google her!!!!

Miffy xx

Monkey1
26-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Oh don't give up - there's lots of us who are still working our way through it all

You'll get lots of help and advice on here too (not from me though! :laughing: )

You are a rare person who doesn't know who Sarahnev is - she's really famous, you can google her!!!!

Miffy xx

Lol! I was going to put that!:D

miffy
26-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Lol! I was going to put that!:D

Great minds eh Monkey? :D

Miffy xx

Minnie mouse
26-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the link but im not allowed to access it :( xx

angeldelight
26-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Also look on the Bromley website

Heaps of information there to help you

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

Angel xx

oneofeach
26-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Don't give up.

Loads of us don't have a clue:D

But what little we do know we share on here.

Or ask Sarah:D

Minnie mouse
26-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks again for all your replys. I think il have to buy some of sarahs e-books once i finally get paid xx