PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what i have just agreed to!

Monkey1
25-09-2008, 08:49 AM
I have just had a call from someone in social services asking if i was available for one saturday in every 4 for a ten year old with adhd. as i'm thinking of opening up on a saturday towards xmas i agreed:rolleyes: I told her i would charge £6 per hour and she more or less snapped my hand off! Just waiting for her to get back to me!

Bushpig
25-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Well as you were thinking of working on Sats, I would then say it's the right move :)

Wiggly
25-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Good luck Monkey - hope it works out for you

Wiggly
x

Paula J
25-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi I have done alot of work with Social Services and found it enjoyable and rewarding. However I found getting paid alot harder so make sure you keep on their backs our ss used invoice methods and paid directly into my bank EVENTUALLY!!! it is not that they dont pay it is that they have no problem with the invoice been sat on their desks looking at them before they authorise payment and send it to the right department for release of funds :( Paula

CCJD
25-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Given that this is only one Saturday in four, I am sure you will be fine. Plan,plan and plan some more so that you don't run out of ideas of stuff to do-don't allow much free time during the day and keep the kids as active as possible. This way the day becomes a great break for the child coming to you and hopefully won't be too stressful for you. Good luck.

angeldelight
25-09-2008, 09:18 AM
I do lots of work for social services

I have done it for years and I have got used to them and how hopeless they are at paying
They used to take ages to pay me

So now days although my contract is with the parent I type one up for social services also

I type up an agreement because they are making the payments
They have to agree to still paying me if the child is absent for whatever reason
They have to agree to pay me weekly at the end of each week.
I do not do invoices for them anymore - they dont make the rules I do

I have never ever had a social worker complain - they always have to get back to me because they have to get their boss to confirm and agree to my terms but they always have

They always bring the money down to me in cash and we both sign to say its been payed and received

Good luck Monkey

oneofeach
25-09-2008, 10:19 AM
1 in 4 is not that bad Monkey.

You can always see how it goes.

miffy
25-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Good luck Monkey - hope it works out for you

Miffy xx

Little Pumpkins
25-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I also work with a social service child, and the above posters right getting paid is a nightmare, mines currently 8 weeks behind

Monkey1
25-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I also work with a social service child, and the above posters right getting paid is a nightmare, mines currently 8 weeks behind

8 weeks! They are coming to see me next thursday so i will stress that it needs to be paid asap...........i might even give them a copy of my late payment policy and fees!

Mollymop
25-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Seems worth while, just hope you don't have to wait around to get paid!!

Noodles
25-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Did you apply to work for them monkey or did they just ring you out of the blue. I would like to work with social services but dont know how to go about it:)

Monkey1
25-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Did you apply to work for them monkey or did they just ring you out of the blue. I would like to work with social services but dont know how to go about it:)

They just called out of the blue hunny. Child is from Wombridge so i don't think they just look locally. I can ask or pass on your details when she comes next week if you like Carol

Noodles
25-09-2008, 01:34 PM
that would be great if you dont mind

Monkey1
25-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Pm me your details babe and i will pass them on!