PDA

View Full Version : Partnershipt between parents/schools/childminder

Shirlwith3
25-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Yesterday I was picking A up from school at lunchtime she is only 4yrs old so is part time & I was conrnered by the school admin officer she was wondering if I would like to receive emails with the school newsletter attached just to that I knew what was going on in the school & what the children are doing. As they felt childminders are being kept out of the loop.

I was very impressed & said that would be a great idea so in the next newsletter there will be a note to parents with childminders saying that if they would like a emialed newsletter then let the school know.

Shirl

Pipsqueak
25-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Whooo - three cheers for your school:clapping: Thats a great attitude and start.

miffy
25-09-2008, 07:00 AM
That's really good - not sure our local school has grasped the fact that they should be working with childminders yet.

Miffy xx

sarah707
25-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Great!

I wish they could all be as proactive :D

angeldelight
25-09-2008, 07:29 AM
That is great

Not sure our school even know what a childminder is !

Angel xx

Polly2
25-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Thats good :clapping:

Tatia
25-09-2008, 09:09 AM
That's ticked one their boxes, then!

Oh sorry, didn't mean that to sound cynical, really. I think it's fab that your school has taken on board the new legislation and are recognizing that childminders are fellow professionals.:clapping:

Now you won't have to rely on parents letting you know about inset days and such.

elaineg
25-09-2008, 10:44 AM
When I spoke to the reception teacher of two los I have about passing on information, she looked at me like I had two heads and said she knew nothing about it and would have to ask someone, that was two weeks ago and she hasnt got back to me yet.

love Elaine XXX

Shirlwith3
25-09-2008, 11:36 AM
this school has been open only 2 years now so very new, had a look round yesterday as am thinking of putting Isla in the school, was very impressed plus the school has plans to expand the school as the estate it is on grows.

Shirl

Rubybubbles
25-09-2008, 05:34 PM
the new school my 2 in is fab like this, lucky for me though dd is in class with 6 yr old mindie and other school run is 8:rolleyes:

But they have taken all my details for the vacancy co-ord (not met her yet) as they work with the day care and childminders in before and after school, and have said If I ever have anytime I can come in, even if just to do crafts or reading for an hour my experince would be gratefully recieved:clapping: (can I get that in writing please lol)

My under 5's will not be attending pre-school (3 in dec) as mum feels he may as well be with me as he'll be doing the same:clapping: (and she doesn't pay me either way so makes no difference money wise lol) so I don't have anyone to go to on that front:(

Twinkles
25-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Now you won't have to rely on parents letting you know about inset days and such.

:laughing: :laughing: Oh that did make me laugh , some parents let me know the day before ! and one set of parents I have to tell them.

Pauline
25-09-2008, 09:03 PM
:laughing: :laughing: Oh that did make me laugh , some parents let me know the day before ! and one set of parents I have to tell them.

I had one parent who let me take the child to school - the caretaker told me at the gate that it was closed!!! :angry: Must admit I had been very suspicious at the lack of cars and children as I got near!!.:rolleyes:

teacake2
25-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I seem to be in a very lucky situation with the local school, perhaps helps as my Son is a teacher there. I know the nursery class teacher at the school and she is going to come and visit me to discuss how things would be best for me, her and parents. Let's hope it works as well as it sounds like it will do.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wendy Woo
26-09-2008, 09:48 AM
That is great

Not sure our school even know what a childminder is !

Angel xx

i fully agree with this one the reception at our local school is just plain RUDE