PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

sutherland
14-01-2008, 01:53 PM
I am now confused!!!!

I have just had my second enquiry of the day.......not bad on my first day of being registered.......but not sure what to do.

Mum has just called, she has just been offered a job in a school but has to start 2moz. Only thing is she finishes at 3.15 and so does her son, also her husband is away for the next 3 weeks so will need a drop off in the morning too.

Child is 9, and she needs care for 30 mins in morn and 30 mins after school 2 days a week. She is happy to pay 2 hrs for each day. This is only a temporary situation until her husband is back.

So my worries are:

1: Do I need to do a contract and hand out the policies, and if so does anyone have a ncma contract one they could scan and email me as I havent got mine yet?

2: As the child is over 8 am I bound by the same legal terms, as I havent got my start up pack yet which includes my insurance.

Or could I do this as a baby sitting job, as its only for a total of 1 hour a day?

Meeting mum after school today to discuss, so if anyone has any advice that would be great.

Michelle

Rubybubbles
14-01-2008, 01:56 PM
I would get hold of NCMA as they can get you a insurance cover note sent out or faxed maybe? But then as it's less than 2 hours per day you don't have to be reg!

See what everyone else says ignore me:laughing:

Trouble
14-01-2008, 01:59 PM
i have no idea about this one i would be concerned about insurance and would agree to ring ncma:eek:

mrsbumbles
14-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Care under two hours per day you need not be registered for.But fill in all nessasary forms to cover yourself and explain this in detail to the parent before you start.Dont leave yourself open to complaint, i would get all this down in writing and ask parent to sign it.

buildingblocks
14-01-2008, 04:10 PM
So my worries are:

1: Do I need to do a contract and hand out the policies, and if so does anyone have a ncma contract one they could scan and email me as I havent got mine yet?

Yes you need a contract but if it is only temporary I would use one of my own not ann NCMA one. Just make sure you are paid up front. Policies up to you just make sure she reads them and signs she has read and understood they form part of your contract

2: As the child is over 8 am I bound by the same legal terms, as I havent got my start up pack yet which includes my insurance.
Personally I wouldn't mind without insurance possibly ring up your insurers and see if they will send a cover note (or fax a copy if you have access to a fax machine) Basically where Ofsted are concerned they have nothing to do with over 8's unles sit compromises your care of under 8's

Or could I do this as a baby sitting job, as its only for a total of 1 hour a day?
only if you do it not in your home

Meeting mum after school today to discuss, so if anyone has any advice that would be great.

no idea if what I have pu tis right but is what I would do
Michelle

hope that is of some help to you

sutherland
14-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi all, just wanted to say THANKS for all your help, especially Sarah. I did call our local ncma office also to enquire and they said it was up to me if i did a contract, gave policies etc but advised it more as protection for me.

So after meeting mum and T, my first contract was signed. Its only a part time after schooler starting 2moro, but its a start. Just fingers crossed for my other potential mindee that I've posted on another thread.

Michelle...x

LittleMissSparkles
15-01-2008, 07:50 AM
well done on your enquiries and your first mindee :clapping:

sarah707
15-01-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm so pleased it went well for you xx

Mollymop
15-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Well done Michelle, That's a great start! It will give you lots of experience.:clapping:

Rubybubbles
15-01-2008, 10:15 AM
:clapping: :clapping: yippeee

Banana
15-01-2008, 11:58 AM
congrats on your first contract!

x

chubbymummy
15-01-2008, 02:02 PM
well done you!!!!

what an exciting first day being registered:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: