PDA

View Full Version : Getting fed up with his moaning.....

sarah32
24-09-2008, 03:05 PM
My husband supports me that I do childminding but on the other hand doesnt stop moaning about everything connected with it.:angry:

He's always moaning about the buggies, I only have 2 and think thats quite good. One single and one double which I use on a daily basis.

The toys, but explained to him that what my job is, playing with the children and having a selection of toys to play with.

High chairs, booster seat and travel cot, again all things I use on a daily basis.

I dont go mad and buy lots of things all the time, went to a car boot last week and bought 5 little cars, started straight away, what you buying more cars for, they were trucks and dont have any.

Im getting really fed up with it, what does he want me to do with it.

He's not moaning about the money, Ive earnt more since starting childminding since Ive had my two children as only worked part time at weekends.

Does anyone else have to deal with this??????????

Bushpig
24-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Yes, I think it's quite common :)

We don't have kids, yet you wouldn't think that - toyboxes/posters/cost/high chair etc. etc. There are so many resources that one needs, aren't there! Hubby often says he feels like he is in a nursery, that's why I always tidy stuff away in a mad rush in the evening, so there's a level of homely normality when he gets home. Often doesn't quite happen though as most nights he arrives as last 2 mindees leave. He loves the kids, loves it that I am happy doing this job, loves it that his meal is ready when he gets home ;)... and wouldn't change it for anything, but it's quite normal for a man to complain now and again about his home looking like a nursery - especially if he doesn't even have kids :) I think he does really well in the circumstances!

Monkey1
24-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Isn't it funny that the only thing they don't moan about is the money!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mum22
24-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi you are not alone, unfortunately until we can afford a conservatory we have to use the lounge as playroom but luckily its quite big so can section it off with sofa's so if you sit in the right sofa you cant see toys:laughing: but the same here he never moans about the money coming in...... and if he does have a moan then I always remind him that if I didnt do what i do we would be even worse off as I would need to find childcare for 2 and that normally stops him in his tracks.....but as you say he can see how happy I am and how this benefits ds and dd 2 and 4:thumbsup:

manjay
24-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Think my dh is too scared to moan. If he does I might just say I won't bother then:laughing: He has gotton very used to our extra money:rolleyes:

Most things get packed away in our house and I do have 3 children of my own so I suppose it is quite normal for now. Not sure how he will feel when ours grow up

Annie_T
24-09-2008, 03:37 PM
yuea and ive not started yet lol

yet if i moan bout his stuff at mine i get shrugged shoulders :rolleyes:

tho i have said i give it a year to hit off and if not i will go get nursery job or something

sarah32
24-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I was looking at applying for a nursery job and he soon started saying that I couldnt do that as would be a pay cut.

Told him if I wanted to change my job I would. Cant believe he said that after the amount of jobs he's walked out over the years. He's always walked straight into another job which is really annoying.

but the annoying thing is he is a carpenter and brings his tools home every night and these go in out back room. I normally throw that one at him when he starts about my stuff.:laughing:

Then he wonders why I dont sleep at night worrying (im a big worrier) and then tells my he was joking to get out of it.:angry:

MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOPYLISA
24-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Quite lucky that i have a playroom it was our diner:blush: , so we can close the door every night but im sure it may change! x

devoncm
24-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Yes i get moaned at alot most over the toys sometimes over money if i dont bring enough in sometimes and he tells me to do something else but i just remind him that i started the process before we were together and he said he would support me, i think if i had a couple more children then he would be ok, he has his good days and off days where he will just go out and play golf!

tinkerbelle
24-09-2008, 04:48 PM
gotta say my husband is brilliant the kids love him and hes used to all the toys etc as i started minding when my youngest was 2 so never got round do getting rid of the baby toys etc
he used to be a childminder as well so he knows exactly what it involves and even helps me tidy away at night when he gets home from work he also goes round with me doing risk assesments n mends what ever needs mending without a moan i must be really lucky reading some of your responses

balloon
24-09-2008, 05:43 PM
No, don't have this problem or any other probs connected to hubbies.

Mainly cos I don't have a hubby, lol!

I do have the kids though but they don't mind the mess, they've even been known to help me tidy it up on occasion and far from moan about the money I spend on buggies etc, the oldest is trying to persuade me to buy a Phil and Teds twin !!!!

Twinkles
24-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh good grief does he moan !!!???

What do you need that for ?
Why does it have to take over every room ? :blush:
Why can't we get rid of some of this junk ?

And then...... he does things like take the car seats out of my car when he needs to use it and leave them out in the rain !!!!

Or he'll 'put things away' so that I can't reach/find them grrr.....

Oh that feels better ;)

yummymummy
24-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Isn't it funny that the only thing they don't moan about is the money!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha too true, mine even says why don't I get a "proper job". He has never minded coming on all the holidays we have only been able to afford due to my "non proper job" though!

sarah707
24-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I divorced mine ... problem solved :thumbsup:

DudleyChildmind
24-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Years ago I used to get "why don't you go out to work and get a proper job" :angry:

He hasn't said that for a long time because he knows I will pack it all in if he starts again.

oneofeach
24-09-2008, 07:00 PM
OMG!

My husband is married to you too.:eek:

Can't sit at the table cos of the booster seats.

Car seats

Buggies

Toys

Paperwork

Toilet seat/step

Why do I keep putting his razor in the locked bathroom cabinet.

Toys in garden

His lawn worn out

BLAH BLAH BLAH

:angry:

LisaH
24-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Lol. My hubby is ok most of the time to be honest. He complains more about Ofsted!!! It's there fault our house looks like a mini nursery (not mine for buying it all)!!
He loves most of my mindees too. He also helps out where he can when he's at home. Can't really complain can I ??

sarah32
24-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Its my 10 year anniversary next month. Told him he might not see it if he carries on.

Divorse or murder - hard descision.:laughing:

angeldelight
24-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Its my 10 year anniversary next month. Told him he might not see it if he carries on.

Divorse or murder - hard descision.:laughing:

Wait and see what he buys you first or if he even bothers ha

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
24-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Years ago I used to get "why don't you go out to work and get a proper job" :angry:

He hasn't said that for a long time because he knows I will pack it all in if he starts again.

qucik sharp punch should sort that one out:laughing:

wendywu
24-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Im not even going to go there:laughing: