PDA

View Full Version : children and your fire talks

Pauline
24-09-2008, 02:08 PM
You and probably Tim might find this amusing:

Talking to my little ones to see if they had remembered anything from our chats about fire safety and what we would do in an emergency......

Me: "What would we do if the house was full of smoke?"

5 year old (after thinking for a moment) "Choke to death"

:rolleyes:

tulip0803
24-09-2008, 02:32 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
24-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Ah! Ok! suppose he's got a point :laughing:

angeldelight
24-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Kids always speak the truth ha

Very funny

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
24-09-2008, 02:48 PM
LMAO:laughing: :laughing:

Clever little one!!!:D

Tatia
24-09-2008, 02:50 PM
:ROFL1: That's a classic, Pauline. Record that for your OFSTED inspector - child understands physical ramifications of excessive smoke inhalation.

My lot would answer " if the house was full of smoke, it's time to take the sausages out from under the grill"!!!:rolleyes:

miffy
26-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Love it Pauline

Like Tim says - keep trying :laughing:

Miffy xx

Annie_T
26-09-2008, 10:33 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :blush:

bless,

well here's one for you
i keep talking to my 2 ickle ones bout if were a fire and what to do, they tell me ....

''mummy there wont be coz you dont cook'' :eek:

donnahay0
26-09-2008, 01:42 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Brilliant

Alibali
26-09-2008, 05:36 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :magnificent:

Rubybubbles
26-09-2008, 07:29 PM
hehe bless him

Cammie Doodle
26-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh Pauline that it Brill . I have often thought of gathering sayings from Parents/ Friends and writing a book of the things children say, between my Foster Kids and Mindees Im sure I could fill it.:)

Cammie Doodle
26-09-2008, 09:32 PM
One recent comment springs to mind : S who is 8 went out to Dinner with his Parents Sister and Grandparents, he went to the toilet with his Dad and saw a machine (condom) he asked his Dad what was in it, his Dad skirted the question, but S not letting it go, so his Mum thought she would be honest and explain that what the machine had in it . She said it was an item a man wore (on his privates)to stop ladies having babies . He rolled his eyes and said in a very loud voice HUH!!!!! you expect me to beleive that ???? when it says they were strawberry or liquorice flavoured !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His poor Grandparents nearly choked on their dinner :laughing:

buildingblocks
03-10-2008, 07:31 PM
my mindees tend to ignore the loud smoke alarm but react to the microwave beep and the cooker timer which you can hardly hear in the kirchen!!!!!

Pauline
03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
my mindees tend to ignore the loud smoke alarm but react to the microwave beep and the cooker timer which you can hardly hear in the kirchen!!!!!

Sounds like our cat, he's stone deaf when you tell him to get off the furniture but let him hear the can opener on a can of tuna ............:)

cloud9
17-10-2008, 08:29 PM
One recent comment springs to mind : S who is 8 went out to Dinner with his Parents Sister and Grandparents, he went to the toilet with his Dad and saw a machine (condom) he asked his Dad what was in it, his Dad skirted the question, but S not letting it go, so his Mum thought she would be honest and explain that what the machine had in it . She said it was an item a man wore (on his privates)to stop ladies having babies . He rolled his eyes and said in a very loud voice HUH!!!!! you expect me to beleive that ???? when it says they were strawberry or liquorice flavoured !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His poor Grandparents nearly choked on their dinner :laughing:

:magnificent: Bless i laughed so hard!!!

desiderata
19-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Our smoke alarm tends to go off whenever we use the oven or toaster so my kids always say they know dinners ready when it happens it seems hard to make them understand that it might be a fire. I have asked around and it happens to my neighbours tooo.

Andrea08
19-01-2009, 11:08 PM
:laughing: ohh this should be moved to jokes pmsl

misst104
19-01-2009, 11:28 PM

That made me laugh so hard I nearly choked myself!! :ROFL1:

Jo x x x

michellethegooner
20-01-2009, 12:46 AM

Omg that so funny :laughing: :magnificent: lol

SimplyLucy
20-01-2009, 06:42 AM
At my inspection the Ofsted inspector asked my own son who was just 4 what we do if there is a fire.

DS told her he'd run in the garden, get the hose pipe and squirt it out! :blush:

Fortunatly the older mindees corrected him and explained what we would really do. My record books also backed up our practices.

My son then went on to explain that he wanted to be a superhero and save the day, fortunatly the inspector had a little chuckle.

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 12:36 PM
LOL - kids eh!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Liz

Polka Dots
20-01-2009, 01:11 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Blaze
20-01-2009, 01:20 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
05-02-2009, 07:27 PM
lol my daughter hestitates when we do a fire drill , her first question is usually what are you burning for dinner this time mum ?

I reckon if the ofsted inspector asks any of my children what they do when they hear the smoke alarm they will reply .... sit in the lounge whilst shelly opens the kitchen door and turns the extractor fan on as she burnt the burgers again!

makes a note to quit burning food before the health inspectors decide to visit!