PDA

View Full Version : how do you manage your ratio's

katickles
14-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi - I'm after some ideas on how you manage your ratio's. I want to design a simple chart that i can fill in to ensure that i don't mind more than the correct number of children of certain ages at the same time. Was then thinking at a glance i can see what vacanices i have so if i get phone calls i can tell them straight away rather than having to call them back & possibly missing out on a place.
Hope this all makes sense!:panic: :rolleyes: x

Rubybubbles
14-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I only have one full time and one part time, of which hours change so no spaces!

The way I would do it is have a look on ebay and follow something for yourself along the lines of that!!

Maybe a spreadsheet style chart, colour matched for ages ect!

sorry no help am I!!!

Tily Bud
14-01-2008, 01:42 PM
I made a chart then laminated it and keep it on the wall filling it in each week so i know what spaces i have x

I think bev mapes sells one this is her website :
http://www.childminding-treasures.com/

Cheryl x

cherry
14-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi

The one I use is on the Bromley site under Childminder Ratio Grid

Hope this helps.

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Cherry

susi513
14-01-2008, 02:11 PM
This is mine:-
http://members.aol.com/ukchildminder/schedule.htm

angeldelight
14-01-2008, 02:12 PM
That was nice of you to share it Susi thank you

Angel xx

mrsbumbles
14-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for sharing Susi x

Rubybubbles
14-01-2008, 02:36 PM
feel better that I was giving out the right idea!!

Thanks for shring Susi

katickles
14-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the idea's everybody.
I read Emma's advice & have worked on a excel spreedsheet that i'm really chuffed with. Got my ideas from ebay & have just checked out Susi's & am pleased to say I have done the right kind of thing. :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks again everyone - I'm loving all the help & advice on this forum its great:jump for joy: :happy banana:

ruby
14-01-2008, 08:12 PM
we have made my own chart as our numbers are different
and have coloured coded them so we can see at a glance if we have any spaces

Cathy and rachel

Twinkles
14-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I made my own chart too, divided into days with 3 spaces in the morning 3 in the afternoon and 3 for after schoolers. I also colour coded by the childs name and put a T next to it if they were here for tea in the afternoon.
It sounds quite complicated but once it's done it's easy to maintain and I don't know where I'd be without mine.

button68
14-01-2008, 11:11 PM
This is mine:-
http://members.aol.com/ukchildminder/schedule.htm

I got DH to do me one (tables etc are beyond me :( ) using yours to copy from.

Just need to laminate it now :) . Easy to use and you can see at a glance what you have.

Happy to share if anyone is interested.

LittleMissSparkles
15-01-2008, 07:46 AM
I dont have time to do stuf like that I bought mine from Bev and its brilliant :)

button68
15-01-2008, 08:54 AM
I dont have time to do stuf like that I bought mine from Bev and its brilliant :)

Whoops!! :blush:

Thanks to Bev as well then :)

Banana
15-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I must be the only one without one of these.

I just remember in my head what vacancies I have

x

bubbly
15-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I must be the only one without one of these.

I just remember in my head what vacancies I have

x
I haven't got one either. I don't have enough kids. I only have one full-time baby and his full-time sister (although she's only temporary until her nursery reopens). Can't wait til I do need one :)

manjay
15-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I haven't got one either. I don't have enough kids. I only have one full-time baby and his full-time sister (although she's only temporary until her nursery reopens). Can't wait til I do need one :)

Me too! I only have 2 after schoolers at the mo and if I can't work them out I think maybe I am in the wrong job! Having said that I am not sure I am cut out to have enough children to warrant a planner! 2 is enough for me! would quite like a younger one in the daytime.

amanda xx

Banana
15-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Well i've only got 1 vacancy - which I have decided I am not going to fill so effectively I have nothing available, even with being a blonde I am able to remember this lol

xx

manjay
15-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Well i've only got 1 vacancy - which I have decided I am not going to fill so effectively I have nothing available, even with being a blonde I am able to remember this lol

xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

amanda xx

Banana
15-01-2008, 11:40 AM
:D

xxx

button68
15-01-2008, 11:48 AM

Hey, don't get me wrong I don't need one either YET! ;)

But I live in hope ... My glass is always half full and never half empty :D

Rubybubbles
15-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey, don't get me wrong I don't need one either YET! ;)

But I live in hope ... My glass is always half full and never half empty :D