PDA

View Full Version : Very down... sorry to keep moaning....

Jules27
24-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Well my temp mindee has finished now, as nanny is back so upset about that. Also, my friend, also a childminder, has got a mindee over me, mum came to see both and choose her... so am feeling sorry for myself. There are just NO enquiries coming in at all and I have thought about jacking it in before i've really got started... can't live on no money!!!!!!

Ok, so I have thrown myself back into advertising this week so maybe something will happen soon as I so want to do this. Was hoping I would get enquiries while I had temp mindee but nothing. I know other minders round here are quiet and are complaining of no work... but hardly any of them are advertising anyway, not even on CIS website, they seem to be relying on word of mouth!!!!!

Thnk i will visit some different toddler groups with my son next week.. that may help!!!

I'm not looking for sympathy... just wanted to have a moan... and cry!!!!!

Thanks for listening/reading this!!! xxx

Pipsqueak
24-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Sending you hugs. I know how tough it is. Hang on in there ((()))

littlegems
24-09-2008, 11:24 AM
its hard when you cant see light at the end of the tunnel, but keep positive (although very hard) and keep advertising, i have done every time i felt down and had no calls, at least i felt like i was doing something to help.
good luck, hope a call comes your way

Polly2
24-09-2008, 11:30 AM
It seems theres not much work around at the mo

Hang on in there :thumbsup:

yummymummy
24-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Try not to worry it is easy to get down but if you are determined something always turns up. I feel like you that I only grumble on this forum BUT only fellow childminders understand what we are going through and it is not fair to offload onto our families all the time so this forum is fab for support.
In many areas times are really hard for childminders but after asking a few questions on here it seems that it isn't the same everywhere, so advertise away and you never know what might come along.:)

katickles
24-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I really hope that you get some enquiries soon hun x

emmadines
24-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Well my temp mindee has finished now, as nanny is back so upset about that. Also, my friend, also a childminder, has got a mindee over me, mum came to see both and choose her... so am feeling sorry for myself. There are just NO enquiries coming in at all and I have thought about jacking it in before i've really got started... can't live on no money!!!!!!

Ok, so I have thrown myself back into advertising this week so maybe something will happen soon as I so want to do this. Was hoping I would get enquiries while I had temp mindee but nothing. I know other minders round here are quiet and are complaining of no work... but hardly any of them are advertising anyway, not even on CIS website, they seem to be relying on word of mouth!!!!!

Thnk i will visit some different toddler groups with my son next week.. that may help!!!

I'm not looking for sympathy... just wanted to have a moan... and cry!!!!!

Thanks for listening/reading this!!! xxx

how about putting leaflets on cars in parent and child spaces in shops car parks like tescos, asda etc or even on parent and child spaces in multi story car parks

MrsT333
24-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Hope you feel better soon..

I'm quiet to, but enjoying it!!!

I'm using my time to catch up on all my paper work and renewing policies in line with the EYFS, also still havent completed my SEF. Also i'm starting to plan activites for halloween etc

Hope this helps

Julie :) :) :)

Jules12Wed
24-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I hope you get work soon. It's tough when you have nothing and when someone comes to see you and they choose to go elsewhere I know what it is like it makes you think 'what's wrong with me!' Don't give up it'll be worth it in the end.

Jules27
24-09-2008, 12:33 PM
how about putting leaflets on cars in parent and child spaces in shops car parks like tescos, asda etc or even on parent and child spaces in multi story car parks

Bit scared of doing this in case I get told off!!! Any one else done this before???:blush:

mum22
24-09-2008, 12:39 PM
It is hard when there is little work around, but hang in there something will turn up. As for putting leaflets on car windscreens, be careful a friend of mine did this (not for childminding) and got an angry call re a broken wiper....
Fingers crossed for you.:thumbsup:

marian
24-09-2008, 12:56 PM
hope the phone rings for you soon. Try to keep positive.
A good idea to try some new toddler sessions

Marian

emmadines
24-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Bit scared of doing this in case I get told off!!! Any one else done this before???:blush:

i have! in full view of their cameras......................... i thought i was gonna get a telling off but havent as yet

Pipsqueak
24-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Flyer local housing estates, retail parks and industrial estates. Ask them to put flyers up in their staff rooms.
Get one of brillminders bags to advertise yourself as you walk around or a t-shirt with your info on
Get along to all the toddler, playgroups, creches, soft plays, art centers anywhere where parents go and ask to put up flyers.
Keep you CIS listing up to date
Flyers at the school gates, talk to all the parents in the playground and let them know you are a minder.

It WILL start happening, just hang on

Monkey1
24-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Things will get better soon babe. i hate it when parents see other minders that i'm friendly with, it makes it really uncomfortable!

Stacey
24-09-2008, 05:21 PM
We all have quiet periods from time to time. I looked after 1 little girl 2 days a week and had no enquiries for a good 6 months. I was looking for a part time job just to try and earn abit more money and then I had about 3 phone calls in one week wanting someone to mind their children.:blush: