PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for an EYFS inspection?

acorns
23-09-2008, 06:02 PM
:eek: I've only been minding since end of July with a 14month old who has screamed for most of that time, then Ofsted call today and say they are coming next week. The 14m old has decided this will be the week he doesn't cry, let hope he carries on next week. I've been doing obs (1 per day) and 1 planned activity off the back of the obs each week and a daily diary, so I hope that will be enough. I've organised my polices & info in folders under the ECM headings with a contents list so I hope they like that. The main thing I'm worried about is that we are decorating the kitchen, it's just paint and wallpaper not a full scale re fit and we dont leave any tools etc out while i'm minding. I also wonder if i've got enough multi cultural stuff, I have some dolls which are part of the general toys and posters on the walls & some music from around the world. Would they expect me to have much more? Any tips on the inspections under EYFS woudl be really appreciated

bubbles
23-09-2008, 06:11 PM
When i had my inspection today they asked me about inclusion. I haven't got many multicultural resources but talked about how we had a "China" week during the Olympic games. I also said that i borrow books from the library that show positive images etc. Also said i'd booked myself on a course to look at festivals from other cultures so that i can plan activities for the children based around these. Inspector seemed happy with this.

Good luck with your inspection. My inspector was lovely and said that although there wasn't a lot of evidence regarding EYFS stuff, she could see that i had put things in place and that is what she was looking for with the EYFS being so new.

angeldelight
24-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Have a look around the forum - some have given tips when they have had an inspection

If you have not been minding for long they can hardly expect to have many resources can they and explain that you will build them up - but it sounds fine what you have got already

Make sure you risk ass your kitchen showing it is safe etc

Good luck hope it goes ok

Angel xx

Tatia
25-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Use the SEF or at least a bit of paper to evaluate your setting and be very honest about what you feel needs beefed up, such as multi-cultural resources. OFSTED will look more favourably on your self-reflection and that you have noted where you may be lacking and are planning to do something about it.

And then beg, borrow, steal books and toys with positive images of multi-cultural and disabled people.:D