PDA

View Full Version : hufff! Whats wrong with me!?

emmadines
23-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I should be happy that I’m up and running. I don’t know if I am! Today I feeling really deflated, all the kids went home a tad early and I feel like I’ve done diddle squat with them.

#kids got in

#kids got changed

#free played

#6 yr old J lost a crazy bones (a toy bit like jacks ((those spiky things))

#spent 30 - 45 mins roughly looking for it and failing in between telling J not to throw things whilst looking. Not to dive into other peoples pockets searching them. Not to demand he has someone else’s because he's lost his one :angry:

#did them a hot dog for a snack as I thought they were getting bored with the same ole same old!!(Is that bad)

#started to get things out for an activity and his parents turned up. Then 20 mins later the other parent turned up!

:ohdear:

I feel soooo fed up and am wondering if cm is right for me (not that I have much of a choice as I cant do any other job right now. don’t get me wrong I do like kids and other ppls kids but they either run riot, don’t listen (yes the same D above!!) im feeling like im loosing, that everyone has a life and its only been 2 weeks with the 4 of them plus my own.:( :(

Plus I have my 1st inspection on Monday!!

angeldelight
23-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Maybe you cant relax because you know you have your inspection coming up Emma ?

Things will settle down once thats over and you can get the kids into some sort of routine

Hope it all works out and good luck with your inspection

Angel xx

katickles
23-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I agree with Angel - your probably wound up because of your inspection & worrying "am I doing it right?"

It is hard & sometimes very lonely in this job I find, luckily I mind full time so get plenty of opportunity to get out & about with the children.

I would say that once you have found your feet & got the children into some kind of structure/routine it will fall into place.

I only started doing school pick ups as the children returned from the summer holidays & I found it a wirlwind at first.

Now I prepair the dinner as much as poss beforehand, collect from school & walk home. Once home its a quick snack & juice & then we sit down & read the school books. We also do some writing sometimes or other activities before freetime while I make the dinner. Its always tidy up before dinner & hand washing, then dinner before being collected.

So theres not really much time for anything else inbetween, I'm sure most of us have a very similar routine, so don't fret.

Good luck for Monday x x

emmadines
23-09-2008, 07:01 PM
maybe im just haveing a bad day :huh:

mum22
23-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi Emma

Sorry to hear you're having a "down moment" but like has been said before, its probably your inspection praying on your subconcsious, once monday is over I'm sure you will feel like a weight has been lifted..

:thumbsup:

LisaH
23-09-2008, 07:15 PM
don't worry too much. It's a tough job and it can take a while to get things flowing smoothly!!

Your inspection looming won't be helping much either.

Good luck for Monday:)

emmadines
23-09-2008, 07:22 PM
thanks peps, fingers crossed eh!

tulip0803
23-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Sorry you are having and off day:( .

I think that your inspection will be putting pressure on you even if you do not realise it. The day before my pre-reg I was a total nut panicking:panic: . I have had OFSTED inspections before and knew a CSSIW one would be the same sort of thing but after the inspection I felt so much lighter and happier I hadn't realised quite how worried I was about it until the day before.

I hope you feel better soon.:group hug:

angeldelight
24-09-2008, 07:06 AM
How you feeling today Emma ?

Angel xx

wendywu
24-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Emma your day is normal family life. That is what parents want for their children if they choose a CM. As long as there is laughter and warmth in a home ( and home is the important word) then you are doing a great job.:)

emmadines
24-09-2008, 08:20 AM
How you feeling today Emma ?

Angel xx

tired! but better ta!
Im sure I'll be pk. will get this inspection over. maybe it is playing on me a bit.:blush:

Heaven Scent
24-09-2008, 12:11 PM
We all get times like this - I never enjoy that part of the day between school pick up and parnents collecting as there is never much time to do anything substantial with the children and there is such a variety of age ranges plus I have to make tea and can't get involved so I usually just leave them all to get on with it and they usually have fun without me so I've given up beating myself up over it. I believe the important thing is that they are all safe and happy. I'm sure this feeling will pass once your inspection is over and don with.