PDA

View Full Version : new grandchild in house

roseybev
23-09-2008, 05:40 PM
my daughter lives with me in my home she has a new baby and will be working 2 days out of 5 .the care commission knew about her being pregnant and said nothing .their now saying that i am over my numbers the 3 days she is in my house .has anyone else came across this and know what to do now.:angry:

Twinkles
23-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Let me get this right . They are saying that you'll be over your numbers even when the babies mum is there to look after her ?

angeldelight
23-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Let me get this right . They are saying that you'll be over your numbers even when the babies mum is there to look after her ?

yes thats what I was just about to ask

Angel xx

Bella
23-09-2008, 06:20 PM
How old is the mum?

kiddiwinks
23-09-2008, 06:25 PM
my daughter lives with me in my home she has a new baby and will be working 2 days out of 5 ..:angry:

You will be having the child for her while she works.

This happened to me with my son, my bookes were full before i fell pregnant, ofsted inspected me while full and nearly nne months pregnant put due date down etc not a problem. they changed certificate so my husband could be an assistant. Had another inspection when son was 18 months nothing had changed since last apart from son being born then they said i was over numbers.
They did change certificate when i sent in letter to ask.

angeldelight
23-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Are you actually minding your grandchild when your daughter is at work or are they saying you are over your numbers when your daughter is in the house ?

If you are minding your grandchild she will of course count in your numbers

Angel xx

roseybev
24-09-2008, 10:41 PM
i made it very clear to them that i was not going to look after my grandchild she will be going to another childminder 2 days a week but they say i am over my numbers in my house even if she is in the house with her mother i told them about this in jan 08 and they said nothing but now she is here they say i am over my numbers in the house dose not matter if i am not looking after her :angry:

roseybev
24-09-2008, 10:46 PM
How old is the mum?

she is 19 and it would be her that looks after her child the 3 days she not working and the other 2 she is going to another childminder .i feel that the care commison have wanted me to go over my numbers because they knew that this was going to happen since last jan .they said nothing untill now.

Blaze
25-09-2008, 12:39 AM
I can only think that it's a space issue...quite ridiculous they leave it till now though when they've known all along...I'd make a complaint.:mad:

ajs
25-09-2008, 06:55 AM
sorry it may not be the answer and i do think the situation is bizzare but would it be possible to register your daughter as your assistant so that when your daughter and her baby are in their own home she can be looking after her own child without affecting your numbers

sorry i would still complain about this but it may make it easier to show that you're willing to make a compromise

kiddiwinks
25-09-2008, 07:16 AM
sorry it may not be the answer and i do think the situation is bizzare but would it be possible to register your daughter as your assistant so that when your daughter and her baby are in their own home she can be looking after her own child without affecting your numbers

This is prob what i would do, they registered my husband know problem, ofted done it when they came to inspect as my husband was somtimes left with his niece but because she was on books i needed his sisters permision in writing.

They never changed my numbers though.

Just thinking now if you wanted her registered to have more numbers they prob would like her to do full course. My husband is only allowed to stay with children short time while me or he does school pick up, shops etc

roseybev
25-09-2008, 09:02 AM

yes that is right that means that there will be 4 under 5 in the house even though i am in charge of 3

roseybev
25-09-2008, 09:10 AM
This is prob what i would do, they registered my husband know problem, ofted done it when they came to inspect as my husband was somtimes left with his niece but because she was on books i needed his sisters permision in writing.

They never changed my numbers though.

Just thinking now if you wanted her registered to have more numbers they prob would like her to do full course. My husband is only allowed to stay with children short time while me or he does school pick up, shops etc

if she was on my reg they would not up my numbers to 4 under 5 they told me that would not happen they said it may be down to the size of my home which is large kitchen down stair bathroom livingroom and my bedroom up stairs is 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom i think there just being difficult but it proving my face does not fit:angry:

roseybev
25-09-2008, 10:49 PM
i will keep you all posted they said they will be out after octber week and are
ment to be sending me letter ,we will see whats on it :(

angeldelight
25-09-2008, 11:04 PM
i will keep you all posted they said they will be out after octber week and are
ment to be sending me letter ,we will see whats on it :(

All sound really stupid

Hope you get it sorted out and hope it goes in your favour

Good luck

Angel xx