PDA

View Full Version : Advice please, yellow & white runny nappy

KatrinaW
23-09-2008, 01:12 PM
I have just changed my 2 and a half yr old mindees nappy, they are normally only wet when here, never soiled.
However this was very runny white and yellow poo.
She is not showing any other signs of illness.
I do not know if this is the norm for her as I have never had a soiled nappy from her before.
She is a vegetarian - would that provide reason for the colour at least?
Thanks.

sarah707
23-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I'd ring parents and ask!

kiddiwinks
23-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I would also ring, as i have changed many many nappies and have only come across that sort of colour when very young. (only on formula milk)

tinkerbelle
23-09-2008, 01:26 PM
same here only other time iv changed a nappy like this is my friends daughter who has Cf (CYSITC FYBROSIS)
IV ALSO LOOKED AFTER VEGETARIANS AND FOOD INTOLERANCES THESE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN NORMAL

Rubybubbles
23-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I have just changed my 2 and a half yr old mindees nappy, they are normally only wet when here, never soiled.
However this was very runny white and yellow poo.
She is not showing any other signs of illness.
I do not know if this is the norm for her as I have never had a soiled nappy from her before.
She is a vegetarian - would that provide reason for the colour at least?
Thanks.

I look after a 2y9m old who had a poo like this a few weeks back (don't normally have one only wet) I phoned mum who said, oh yer the hv said it's because his diet isn't great:panic:

lack of fruit and goodness intake at home is anyother story:mad:

wendywu
23-09-2008, 01:53 PM
If she is not ill i would just mention it when she gets picked up. After all the human body is a funny thing, some soiled nappies stink and other children you dont even realise they have a dirty bottom until you change them:eek:

Minstrel
23-09-2008, 03:27 PM
As above really. Kids can get awful nappies for no reason sometimes. my son had toddler diahorrea (sp) for about a year between 1 and 2 and they were horrific sometimes but he was completely well.
This is quite common and i think there is an old thread about it here somewhere...... x

Alibali
23-09-2008, 05:56 PM
The white thing would concern me! I've never seen that before (i'm thinking worms or something:panic: ) I'd check with mum

angeldelight
23-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Hope everything was ok with the little one in the end ?

Angel xxx

Jinx
23-09-2008, 07:19 PM
It must be a day for nappies!!! All 3 of my mindees filled theirs at lunch time and one of them did one of those explosive ones that goes all up their backs!!! Yuck. :panic:

I hope your little mindee is ok.

:thumbsup:

Twinkles
23-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Hmmm....advice on yellow and white pooey nappies? Bottom of garden and hose spring to mind :laughing:

Just joking any ofsted officers looking :D