PDA

View Full Version : How long until OFsted came?

Mollymop
14-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone remembers how long it took for OFsted to come out for the Pre-reg inspection? I sent off my application forms early last week and just want some idea when they might come.
Any stories?

Thanks alot guys and girls.:)
XX

mumtodaniel
14-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi,

I live in Hertfordshire, I sent my forms off on the Friday, had a call the following Tuesday, and they came a week later. I thought it was very quick, but did help as did not have to dwell on it too long, and got reading start away.

Maureen

LittleMissSparkles
14-01-2008, 10:05 AM
mine was very quick Sandra probably only few weeks if i remember, good luck and let us know when you hear anything xxx

manjay
14-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry can't help with this one as things work differently in Wales but from reading everyone elses experiences on here it is usually really quick. So i would expect that phone call real soon!

amanda xx

sutherland
14-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi Sandra, I'm under Bedfordshire and my pre reg was within 2 weeks of sending foms off.....that was in November last year.

Good Luck and let us all know when you have it.

Michelle...x

littlestar
14-01-2008, 10:28 AM
hi sandra im in northampton and the ofsted inspector just turned up at my door claiming my mobil did not work but she tryed it in my house and oh! it worked i was not prepared so asked her to come back the following day it was pretty fast approx a week

berkschick
14-01-2008, 10:30 AM
They contacted me within 3 days of me pposting my forms off and then came 2 days after that!

I think you will receive a call really soon.

Love

Debbie

Mollymop
14-01-2008, 10:31 AM
hi sandra im in northampton and the ofsted inspector just turned up at my door claiming my mobil did not work but she tryed it in my house and oh! it worked i was not prepared so asked her to come back the following day it was pretty fast approx a week

Oh gosh! I hope they don't do that we me as I want at least a weeks notice.
I would tell them to come back in a few days.

Thanks for your replies!

chubbymummy
14-01-2008, 09:35 PM
it was about 3 weeks for me

don't worry too much be as prepared as you can be

this is just the 1st visit and they will make any recommendations all you need to do is inform tham when you made tham

you'll be fine!!!! honest!!!

Mollymop
15-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks CAthy XX:)

button68
15-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Sent my forms off on the monday got a phone call wednesday and she came the following monday - so 1 week start to finish!

If only the whole process of getting registered moved that quickly :rolleyes:

Spangles
15-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi Sandra

I'm in Cambridge too as you know and mine was within a week of sending the forms in! I was very shocked at this but it's true! So be aware!

Mollymop
17-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for your helpful replies,

My neighbour received a letter for a reference for me form OFsted yesturday and I got a letter today saying they would be in contact shortly and it had the CRB forms in for me to fill in.
I hope they ring soon as it has been over a week since i sent the forms off - nearly 2 weeks, plus they have got to give me an appointment date and everything. I guess they maybe snowed under at the moment!

Banana
17-01-2008, 09:30 PM
mine was about 2/3 weeks, not long

xx

Mollymop
18-01-2008, 10:28 AM
HI all, Just an update,
I got a phone call from the inspector today and my visit will be 2 weeks today. She seemed really nice. So hopefully it will go ok. She would have come next friday but she's on holiday next week:rolleyes:
So in all it would be 4 weeks from me sending off the application form.

angeldelight
18-01-2008, 10:35 AM
That is good news Sandra

Keep us posted

Angel xx

wellybelly
18-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I phoned up and spoke to a manager because our villages after school club had closed down, and child care was badly required. Came out within the week.