PDA

View Full Version : funding for student to pay childcare costs

Mrs.L.C
23-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Does anyone have a parent whos getting funding from the LEA or other to pay for childcare costs whilst they are at Uni?

I have just contacted the people who pay this loan but they dont pay directly to me like I had before and pay the parent termly in arrears instead. I have been told to fill in weekly a CCG2 form which is like a timetable stating how much the parent has paid me each week. The problem is the parent is going to struggle to pay upfront out of her own pocket untill this is paid to her in Nov but I cant wait 2 months to be paid either. What would you do or has anyone found a way round this?

manjay
23-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Sorry can't help with this one. My Uni mum gets her funding at the beginning of each term so although the first months payment may be a little late (depending on when term starts) it is usually not very long.

Personally I would be very reluctant to work until November with no money.

Bushpig
23-09-2008, 12:19 PM
I would never work in arrears. Ever. Far too risky. I hope you manage to sort this out!

miss sunshine
23-09-2008, 12:26 PM
my parent gets hers paid at the begining of the term so althougth i have started to have her little ones i am expecting a big payment this week, but must remember not to spend it all at once lol :) as its got to cover me till xmas