PDA

View Full Version : loads of ideas needed for babies!!

butterfly
23-09-2008, 10:09 AM
right after a huge influx of new mindees i now have:

tues 1 x 9mths and 1x10mths
wed 1x9mths and 1x11mths
thu 1x 9mths and 1x10mths
fri 1x9mths and 1x4mths
each for just the mornings

i seriously need help with some great ideas for babies! i have peek a boo blocks, play balls, big lego, cars and a selection of baby rattles etc but need some more exciting activities so that i can tell their parents some more interesting things than just "he's liked playing with the balls!"

any ideas please ladies??

jellytot
23-09-2008, 11:19 AM
wow sorry no ideas just wanted to say bout ur LOs. i can only have and cope may i add 1 under 1.

well done you

fionamal
23-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I put up a pop up tunnel for them to crawl through anf play games with it.

Also treasure baskets are brill and keeps them amused for ages.

Farm animals, building bricks.

I also have a large remote control car that they love to chase after, this tiers them out.

I dont know how you manage with 2 babies as I find it hard going with only 1 under 1 , 2 four year olds and a 6 year old

Helen Dempster
23-09-2008, 12:04 PM
what about something musical? Action songs or something like that? The older ones can hit a drum/tamborine etc? ok, you may have to do the singing and the actions, but they may like that?

Hels xx

miss mopple
23-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Have you seen the little baby books from featherstone. They have loads of ideas in.

Try the library as ours stock them

katickles
23-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Sarah Nev sells a great ebook full of ideas for under 3's, so has plenty of ideas. It also shows how its linked to EYFS.

I find that babies love treasure baskets. You can do lots of different ones, different touch sensations, feel, sound. Just by using everyday things in your house.

You can also do painting. Make sure they are secure in high chairs & away they go!

Messy play with different foods

Lots & lots of story time & nursery rhymes, you can then have a selection of instruments that they can play with.

hth x

Sharlene
23-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi,ya

shaving foam play
baked bean play
sand and water play
bubbles

minds gone blank, thats all I can think of!!

Sharlene

donnahay0
23-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Let them play with custard - good for mark making, squishing and practice feeding themselves.

Another good one is put cornflakes or similar breakfast cereal into a tuff-tray or similar and give them pots to scoop and pour. Some suitable trucks to drive through it. Mine love the dustpan and brush to help clear up afterwards as well.

Put some water in a large saucepan and put in a few different objects - they will splash about with it for ages.

A cardboard tube will becomea trumpet, something to look through, it rolls and a ball, car or brick will slip through the middle.

Boxes, tins etc and something (I use threading buttons) to put in and out of them. They also like hats and handbags.